Flushed Engine Before Oil Change

hey guys before my last oil change I flushed the engine with gum out (?) engine flush, then drained and put in the usual quaker state synthetic. oh man what a difference it made. it idles so much smoother now, and when I first start the car, it's a nice smooth tick tick tick vroom, instead of tick CLUNK VROOOOOOM. I dunno that's the best way to describe it. anyway I highly recommend it :cheers:

hey guys before my last oil change I flushed the engine with gum out (?) engine flush, then drained and put in the usual quaker state synthetic. oh man what a difference it made. it idles so much smoother now, and when I first start the car, it's a nice smooth tick tick tick vroom, instead of tick CLUNK VROOOOOOM. I dunno that's the best way to describe it. anyway I highly recommend it  :cheers:

How long do you leave the engine flush in there?

This is why I tell people to drop the correct amount of seafoam into the crankcase (oil) with a fresh oil change.

You should see the changes such simple cleaners can make on small engines (lawnmower etc). They get so gummed up they simply won't run. Turn them over and let them sit for an hour... bam - good as new.

hey guys before my last oil change I flushed the engine with gum out (?) engine flush, then drained and put in the usual quaker state synthetic. oh man what a difference it made. it idles so much smoother now, and when I first start the car, it's a nice smooth tick tick tick vroom, instead of tick CLUNK VROOOOOOM. I dunno that's the best way to describe it. anyway I highly recommend it :cheers:

Just keep an eye on it for a few days. I only say this is that if the engine is bad the engine clean sometimes lossens up pieces and plugs up passages. I do not recommand it for this reasons. I would also drain this oil sooner then normal also.

BTW seafoam is only available at NAPA stores no where else.

I love engine cleaners though.

But i use them differently as i add ti with old oil

then drain after running arround the block

then drain with cheap oil for 2 days then drain and fill with a good synthetic as i do not want any cleaner hanging around in my engine too long.