Noobie Here

Hey guys, just bought a '94 ES 300. This will be my daily driver now, I have a 2001 Audi S4 as my weekend car, weird to have a four door weekend car but once you ride in a modified S4 you'll know what I mean. Well, my 300 has 150K miles and it and runs very smoothly. What are some common things to check for. What are some recalls I can get done for free from dealer? I am spending all day tommorrow detailing the car (clay bar, polish, wax, interior lexol). My check engine light just came on tonight, I checked the engine and everything seemed fine except the coolant level. Do you think that is why the light would come on. I really don't know what the previous owner has maintained, should I just take it to the dealer and have them do a service (which one?). Guys, I know i am asking alot of questions but I am an Audi guy and know little about lexus so any help would be great. I am a moderator at www.a4forums.com so if you have an Audi feel free to come over and ask anything. Thanks. ;)

best and easiest solution is take it to a dealer to get a good once over

the coolant level has its own light

so it usually doesn't turn the cel on unless that is causeing another problem

good luck and welcome

and ask away on the question

as you know that what this kind of online community is for

my guess is that the car is almost 10 years old and has 150k miles, then the dealer may laugh at any recall. They will say the grace period is over.

However, got to www.alldata.com and get a list of TSBs that have been generated.

Things to look for in this year ES, valve cover leakage, AC expansion valve problems, engine seal leakages, dashboard needles that burn out.

Do you have the maint. records for the car. If everything was done in the proper times (ie, oil changes and filters, tranny fluid, timing belt at 90k, etc.) then she has plenty of life left in her and should provide you with a very enjoyable ride.

Welcome to the club. Tis a really cool place.

steviej