Window Goes Down But Not Up

My front passenger window goes up and down when I use the passenger switch. The problem is the window goes down but not up when using the driver control switch. All the other buttons work fine. I think that there is a short in the front passenger door I have no idea how to check this and none of my mechanics know anything about electrical problems any ideas?

i have a 95 ES300 and i have a very similar problem. The front passenger window switch on the master control for the power windows broke and is very loose. The switch can make the window go down, but you can't roll it up from that switch. the switch on the front passenger door works fine and thats how i roll up the window (i have to reach across and roll it up). Lexus wants around $350-$400 to change the entire switch assembly. We (my dad and i) think it will be fine if we could just change the plastic button. Does anyone know how to do that or has anyone done it before or should i replace the entire switch assembly in the master control? :(

My front passenger window goes up and down when I use the passenger switch. The problem is the window goes down but not up  when using the driver control switch. All the other buttons work fine. I think that there is a short in the front passenger door I have no idea how to check this and none of my mechanics know anything about electrical problems any ideas?

you probley have a bad contact in the switch it probley needs to be cleand

i had the same problem with my mom's cresida. what you want to do is pull the swich take it apart and look for any sine's of dirt on the contacts. you may also have a problem with the crict that makes the contacts burn. but if you clean it up it should work for at least a few day's. a power windo moter works offf of swiching polarity to make it go up and down so if it works one way you have a swich problem

BTW

i had the same problem , i got a JDM one for $80 and switched out the plastic rocker switch( as they are RHD) as the plastic pins it uses to rock the mechanical contacts under tehm broke.

It worked perfectly after.

Basically if the switch is weak in the direction you are trying to move it the plastic is probably broken,

You need to take the switch apart and confirm it.

I may have some extra switches left i could sell you as i only needed one.

I had the same problem on my passanger window. I replaced the switch with one out of a 4runner.

I think next time I'm bored, I'll buy a few of the automatic switches from various toyotas and see if they will work on all the windows. That would be a neat $10-20 project.

• 5 years later...

same problem with my 1995 Honda accord master controls wouldn't put up passenger side window.

so instead of paying 100+ for a new master control all i did was take the controls out. I did have to cut the rubber cover that I'm sure is there to prevent water damage i just made sure i cut it so it would still be able to serve its purpose. The switches came out with some much muscle then all i did was take a q tip to the contact points and the metal rocker reassembled the controls placing the rubber back and that did the job....

hope this helps...

i should add that on the rockers and the plastic things that did the rocking.... look like they were burnt marks I'm guessing that's from mini shorts over time or something

if anyone would correct me please do so i was scared it was shorted out and wouldn't work but it still does.