Pionner Avic N1 Installation

apey123

I know there are several topics on here regarding this, but I want to know if I can put a pioneer avic n1 flip out dvd/navigation in my RX 300. I've seen some custom jobs done where people have put head units all over the front of the car. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/239240/2

That is what I'm looking to do, I want the unit in the center dash so I can see my screen. I am going to take it to Tweeter and see, but they don't always know everything. How complicated is it for me to put the unit in? I know there is a little space below the stereo next to the heated seats, and maybe I can move everything down like in the link above, but I don't know how expensive that may be or even if it's possible without having to worry about ruining anything. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

I know there are several topics on here regarding this, but I want to know if I can put a pioneer avic n1 flip out dvd/navigation in my RX 300. I've seen some custom jobs done where people have put head units all over the front of the car. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/239240/2

That is what I'm looking to do, I want the unit in the center dash so I can see my screen. I am going to take it to Tweeter and see, but they don't always know everything. How complicated is it for me to put the unit in? I know there is a little space below the stereo next to the heated seats, and maybe I can move everything down like in the link above, but I don't know how expensive that may be or even if it's possible without having to worry about ruining anything. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Did you ever end up getting this done? I'm in the same position.

Did you ever end up getting this done? I'm in the same position.

I'm about to gwet this done by the end of the week. i was give a quote of $800-1000 for labor and parts and will take approx. 4 days. I will post pics when done.