Backlighting On Radio Display No Longer Works

mick.g

I cannot speak as well to the radio LCD as I can the climate control LCD on my 92 ls400. Search "Jim Walker". Although I did not use his fix exactly and he was very prompt and helpful in answering my questions, I bought the LCD for the temp on Ebay and had an electronics guy at work solder it. Took him just a few minutes. Pulling the units out is well documented. Good luck!

I cannot speak as well to the radio LCD as I can the climate control LCD on my 92 ls400. Search "Jim Walker". Although I did not use his fix exactly and he was very prompt and helpful in answering my questions, I bought the LCD for the temp on Ebay and had an electronics guy at work solder it. Took him just a few minutes. Pulling the units out is well documented. Good luck!

i kno of what problem your talking about mick i had the same thing happen on my 96 but i bougt mine that way from the previsou owner none of my lights on the buttons would work and the backlight was very dim u can take your radio up and open it and see if u have burnt out bulbs i tried that but found out it was a problem in the board even after i changed the bulbs out so i had to buy a new radio but if it happend suddenly then try checking your dash fuses near the E brake either one of those fuses's blew, ur lights burnt out, or u have a problem in the radio board. Taking the radio out and opening it shouldnt be a problem its very easy to take apart and put back together

-Khalid

common problem, Lexus will do a swap out with you and give you a remanufactured stereo and take yours in exchange. And yes it is expensive, but it is the only fix outside of sending the stereo to a repair facitlity yourself and getting it fixed. If your other dash lights are working it is probably not a fuse they are not seperated at the fuse block

good luck and if it were me I would get used to it and save the money. I have bought 3 of those exchange units for different cars and it is easier to get by with it if you can.

hope this helps

yes your right in a way though archibalds but ebay would be the cheapest way of buying one of these radios i see 95-97 model radios going anywhere from 100-150 including shipping and that isnt bad at all and some ppl will even give u a 30 day warranty

-good luck