Is 01 430 W/mark Levinson Cd Changer In Dash?

Picking up the car tomorrow. The reviews I read said that it incorporated a much needed in dash changer as opposed to in the glove box, but I did a search here and a lot of people complain about it still being in the glove box for 01.

So what's the final answer, is it in dash, or not, or in dash for mark levinson, maybe?

Thanks.

From www.nctd.com (New car test drive.)

Note the comments about the in-dash versus glove box. I'm sure they aren't lying, so what's the deal?

"Our GS 430 came with the Premium Package ($2,540), which includes a six-disc in-dash CD changer, power moonroof, and heated front seats."

"Also new for 2001 is the availability of a Mark Levinson sound system ($3,790). The standard audio system in the GS is actually quite good, but the eight-speaker, ultra powerful Mark Levinson system is a must if you are a music lover. Plus, it comes with an in-dash six CD changer which is much more convenient than fiddling with the six-CD magazine that mounts in the glove box. :blink: The Mark Levinson system can be bundled together with the Navigation System and save you over $2,500 if these options are ordered separately."

• 7 months later...

I've also got a 95 SC400 and was considering getting a newer GS. Just wanted to check on your experience and see how you like the GS. Also, are you glad you got the Nav? I'm concerned that if there's ever a problem, it's a major repair. Thanks!

It's been awesome. It's much faster than my SC, both off the line and passing. Much faster. Handles great, and the interior is awesome.

I was only getting one if I could get the 430, with nav, chrome 17", spoiler. Big difference between this car and a more conservative looking 300 w/no options.

I've had a 7-series, bunch of other cars, and this is my favorite car by far.

I've also got a 95 SC400 and was considering getting a newer GS. Just wanted to check on your experience and see how you like the GS. Also, are you glad you got the Nav? I'm concerned that if there's ever a problem, it's a major repair. Thanks!

It's been awesome. It's much faster than my SC, both off the line and passing. Much faster. Handles great, and the interior is awesome.

I was only getting one if I could get the 430, with nav, chrome 17", spoiler. Big difference between this car and a more conservative looking 300 w/no options.

Mark Levinson is in-dash.

Mark Levinson is in-dash.

It's actually in the glove box (which technically is in the dash, I guess!). This thread was resurrected because the guy was asking me about how I've enjoyed my 430. And my system is Mark Levinson, with the cd changer in the glove box.