Rattles

nc211

Well, after 10 years of slaming doors, the interior door trim has started to rattle a bit. The driver's side is the worse, with the top portion being the main culprit. I know the tightening of the screws around the lower part "tan part" really helps, but I can't seem to find any screws for the upper part to tighten. Any suggestions from those who have the same issue? Any little tricks to help tighen up the feel of the that top panel? Blake, have you taken apart the door panels to tighten them down?

We haven't taken the doors apart yet! I have the same looseness problem but just with the dark brown pieces by the glass. Mine doesn't rattle(just a little loose when I poke at it), but I think it was worsened when my car was hit. :(

My brown trim pieces around the windows, and sunroof glass, all do that too. It's wierd, you tap on them and they rattle, but you don't hear them rattle one bit when driving. Go figure that one? :blink:

I think a quick fix for the top of the door panel "part that runs under glass, where your elbow rests when driving" is a little soft double sided tape squeezed in there. At least until I can get the panels off and tighten down the interior parts, which won't happen until this fall. It's just too dang hot here in NC during the summer to take that sort of thing on.

• 3 years later...
My brown trim pieces around the windows, and sunroof glass, all do that too. It's wierd, you tap on them and they rattle, but you don't hear them rattle one bit when driving. Go figure that one? :blink:

I think a quick fix for the top of the door panel "part that runs under glass, where your elbow rests when driving" is a little soft double sided tape squeezed in there. At least until I can get the panels off and tighten down the interior parts, which won't happen until this fall. It's just too dang hot here in NC during the summer to take that sort of thing on.

NC, I am raising an old post but did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same rattle. If I rest my elbow on the upper door panel, I can squelch the rattling.

I thought about wedging something in between. I am not sure it is worth trying to take the panel off. I did start to take the panel off but

quickly saw that I might bugger up some of the trim and it might not buy me anything. Update?