Error Code 21 And 24

razahyde

i tried what a memeber in the earlier posts about the error codes and i tried this in my 96 LS and found out i had a eror code 21 and 24 i foudn 21 on the site which ment (21 (3) .............................. Solar Sensor Circuit) but i dont really understand what that means and it also said 24 and i cant seem to find that one on the site

thank you

I think that if you test the codes when the car is in the garage, or where it is dark, this code will appear. It is related to the solar sensor on the dash. Test it in bright sunlight and see if that code still appears.

I got the same code on mine when I tested it inside the garage, Once it was in the sun, it was gone. The other one that the beltway bandit gave was and ICT? Hopefully that doesn't mean I C Trouble.

I have the codes on my computer at home, but I am at my other home right now so I don't have access. I know this was a topic on discussion on this board a year or so ago. Maybe try doing a search?

On the right side of the dash almost to the right side (pass side) of the windshield is a little black looking bump. That is the solar sensor. I seem to remember code 24 being a solar sensor issue. I do know that these cars have rather complicated climate control systems. Mine has a code something to do with the damper door?

o well i can wait untill you get home i am in no big hurry unless these are codes mean something serios and by the doar damper your talking about the side mirros right, if so then i think i kno what the damening code might be about because my left side mirror has a wierd ranbowish mark about 1 inch by 1 inch in the top right of it if these side mirrors r like the rear view then thats what one code might be about. Am i on to something or does that have nothing to do with it at all lol

-Khalid

SK ive looked up the codes and what they mean and ive done searches they just say what each code stands for but i dont get where to start to look for the problem thats what im trying to say your posts dont say that and neither do any of the other posts

here is your post http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...&hl=error++code

it has error 21 and to check it in the light and ive done that but i still got it and u didnt have 24 on there which is another reason why i asked about it and none of the other forums have 24 posted

---ehhh sry for asking a question i guess ill remember not to post no more because i guess thats not what forums r for :blink: