Need Help With Radio/cd Player

Hi can anyone help me with my radio/cd player problem. First off when the car is on and I have my lights on the tape and cd button on the dash do not light up like the rest of the buttons. When I press either one nothing happens. The cd changer in the trunk also does nothing when I press the open button. Everything was working fine when I last tried to play a cd about a month back. I have checked the fuses that link the cd and tape deck along with the atenna and other parts and they seem to be in tact. Can anyone suggest anything to me?

Thanks

Could it also be that the stacker is stuck? (This happened in mine, it wouldn't eject, and the CD light on the HU went out also). And you have no tape in the tape player? Is the ejection button light up at all?

Sorry to point out the obvious. But you'd be kicking urself if u ended up replacing the HU.

there should be a manual override button or a hole that has a hidden release switch. The deck may have to come out to find it.

May be in the back or on the side. No manual for the deck I presume.

Do you play home burned CD's with stick on type labels. These are killers for auto CD changers. The labels cause them to bind in the limited space in the cartridge.

steviej

i had that happen to me already and it was from a burned cd.but your problem sounds different.check and see if the light is coming on the cd changer itself.the button on the changer should light up red.if its not lit then its not getting power and its most likely a fuse.