Remote Window Rolldown

My wife have a ES330 that allows the windows to rolldown when the unlock button on the remote key is depress for some time.

One thing I didn't like is that is actually opened all the windows and sunroof so I took it to my local lexus dealer to see if they can program only to open front windows but instead my remote window rolldown capability was completely disabled.

Does have the remote programmed to have only certain windows to open.

I wish they could make a button that would SHUT all windows and moonroof. If you leave your car, and see the wondwos are accidently left open, it would close all of them.

sorry i don't know how to reset it though :(

Some types of reprogramming has to be done by your Lexus dealer. They have the complete list of what can be changed from the default settings as they were when the car came from the factory.

Now that all the windows and the sunroof have one-touch auto close feature, is it really a big deal to touch three switches to automatically close the sunroof and two back windows after using the remote's auto open feature?

I think the intent of having the remote open all the windows and the sunroof is to allow hot air to escape from the interior as you approach the car on a very hot day - at least that is why I use this feature as I leave work each hot summer afternoon.

My guess is that being able to close the windows with the remote is a safety issue.

Even with the window's "pinch protection" feature, being able to repeatedly try to close windows with a remote could really "hammer" a pet or small child having a body part sticking out a window that you could not see from where you are standing or if you are walking away. And what if pinch protection fails?

Of course I have never stuck anything (e.g. my hand) between the window and window frame to see how much force is applied before pinch protection automatically reverses the window.

Anyone want to stick his head out his window and then press the "auto up" window switch to find out? Might get you a "Darwin Award"! ;)

There isn't much force applied before pinch protection reverses the windows.

My dealer showed me that when I bought the ES. He used his finger and it turned around once it realized it can't get the windows fully closed.

I confess, when I read this in my manual upon delivery, I just had to try it. So there I am with my head out the window and I hit the button. My neighbor thought I was crazy. :whistles:

It wasn't that bad, but it would scare a child or a pet.

steviej