Cadillac Xlr?

captmike

After the jerk at the Lexus dealer in Fresno screwed up my attempt to test drive the SC, I'm starting to consider the XLR.

Of course I'm asking the same question over on the XLR forum that I ask hear and I suppose I should just consider the source...that is to say, what forum that I'm asking the question on. I'm sure that each forum has its dedicated car owners.

Having said that, there is not one person so far on the XLR forum that would consider the SC or SL500/600...some of them have owned both and have said without a doubt the XLR is the way to go.

As a current owner of a 2003 MB E320 I can tell you that it had many problems, it's only now....2 years later that I have gotten all but one worked out.

I demo'ed a SL500 and while I was impressed with it's ride, power, transmission....I was not impressed that there were some squeaks in the are rests on the doors and some wind noise at highway speeds with the top up.

On pure speed, I would go with the XLR. Looking at reliability life and price, I would go for the SC. I think the XLR looks better.

The SC has been around much longer, so any kinks should be worked out. The XLR is brand new, so there may be some growing pains (though not that I know of any).

Other than that, all the cars probably have the same driver ammenities.

What is most important to you in a car, comfort / performace / price ?

If it were my choice, I would definitely go with the Lexus SC430 over the Cady. I think the XLS is over-priced and doesnt look nearly as good as the Lex...plus you can save the extra $$ on some other fun things...(chrome rims, trip to the beach, )

Also, the Lex seems to attract much more attention than the Cady....call the Lexus dealer and speak with the manager about your experience...you might be able to use this to your leverage.

If it were my choice, I would definitely go with the Lexus SC430 over the Cady.  I think the XLS is over-priced and doesnt look nearly as good as the Lex...plus you can save the extra $$ on some other fun things...(chrome rims, trip to the beach, )

Also, the Lex seems to attract much more attention than the Cady....call the Lexus dealer and speak with the manager about your experience...you might be able to use this to your leverage.

Drove the SC finally at the dealor. Was vary rough ride compaired to my E class.

The people on the XLR forum say even with the run flats on the XLR it is a smooth ride with it's suspension...unlike the SC's. I will drive the XLR in a week and find out myself.