Body Differenc

razahyde

i was thinking about changin the front end of my 96 and had some ideas and im off work for a week so i thought id give it a go....but i have to find out some stuff first

when lexus changed the body type from GEN II to GEN III was the only EXTERIOR thing they changed, the bumper on front which they added fog lights to and the lights which changed the shape of the fender and hood......since the lights changed the shape of the fenders and hood was it only changed in the spots that surrounded the lights or was it changed more then that???? (im not sure if u can understand but i think u will get what im trying to say)

so if the fender, hood, and bumper were takin off would the gen II and gen III look exactly alike or are there other changes?

any advice at all is appreciated

thanks

so if the fender, hood, and bumper were takin off would the gen II and gen III look exactly alike or are there other changes?

1995-2000 LS400s are all on the same chassis, and they are all the same generation and name: UCF20. ;) Other than the items on the front end that you mentioned, the tail lights are different too. The 98-00 tails are longer and more slender than the lights you'll see on your '96.

yes i kno about the back lights also and how they took off the radio antenna so overall the body chassis are the same except for the mentioned hood, lights, bumper, grill, and the part of the fenders surrounded the lights

correct? or did i miss anything

1995-2000 LS400s are all on the same chassis, and they are all the same generation and name: UCF20. ;) Other than the items on the front end that you mentioned, the tail lights are different too. The 98-00 tails are longer and more slender than the lights you'll see on your '96.

Lexus calls the 98-00 3rd generation on thier website.

http://lexus.com/cpo/model_detail/ls/400/2000.html

The 2000 Lexus LS 400 has retained many of the features found in the 1999 and 1998 designs. The 1998 LS 400 was the third-generation LS, receiving numerous exterior and interior refinements.

Lexus calls the 98-00 3rd generation on thier website.

http://lexus.com/cpo/model_detail/ls/400/2000.html

The 2000 Lexus LS 400 has retained many of the features found in the 1999 and 1998 designs. The 1998 LS 400 was the third-generation LS, receiving numerous exterior and interior refinements.

We've already been through this 100 times. Read Carl's LS generation page on his site. Open your driver's door, and you will see UCF20L just like it reads on any 1995-2000. Coincidentally, a 90-94 will read UCF10L and LS430s are UCF30L. Here's a info stickers from a '99 showing that it is a second generation car....

d0_4.JPG

Here's a LS430

668938_19.jpg

I'm glad at least some of you actually read my article!

The 4th gen is coming out soon.....LS460 with 2 chassis to choose from and a hybrid edition. I guess it's going to be the first V8 hybrid, although it still probably gets poor MPG (<30).

I'm glad at least some of you actually read my article!

The 4th gen is coming out soon.....LS460 with 2 chassis to choose from and a hybrid edition.  I guess it's going to be the first V8 hybrid, although it still probably gets poor MPG (<30).

Everyone reads your article, they are of very much help.

But I only said third gens because that what Lexus called the on thier website.... im very aware of the UCF XX (example 20/21) naming method.

yes your articles were very helpful do u have any pictures of the LS460? i havnt heard much about this model or seen any pictures do u think you could post some if u have any???

o and does lexus ever plan on adding a V12 to the LS series i woudlnt mind buying one of those