Anti-lockout Feature

rx300mac

Many times i have heard people mention about an Anti-LockOut Feature on their cars. What is it?

Does this mean that your car doors wont shut if the keys are still inside the car? I'm asking this b/c i never lock my car. I just leave the key on the center console and the alarm doesn't go off and the doors don't lock when i try to re-enter. So is this just a fancy way to put it?

Thanks

The doors will lock if you press the lock button and then close the doors.

They will only unlock themselves if the key is in the ignition and the car is not on.

You can lock yourself out of the car by leaving your keys on the center console.

The doors will lock if you press the lock button and then close the doors.

They will only unlock themselves if the key is in the ignition and the car is not on.

You can lock yourself out of the car by leaving your keys on the center console.

Is this on all rx300s because my dorrs and alarm dont go on when i leave the keys inside. As lexkid630 said if your driving with the doors unlocked and turn the car off and leave the keys inside and close the door the doors DONT lock and the alarm does NOT set. Maybe this is just on my car Idk. So what is this anti-lockOut feature then? This sounds just like it Im not sure

There are 3 ways to lock your car:

1.) Take keys with you. Close door. Lock by turning key in door.

2.) Take keys with you. Close door. Lock by pressing lock button on remote.

3.) Leave keys in car or take with you. Press lock button on door. Close door.

The only way that you cannot lock your keys in your car is if the key is in the ignition and you press the button on the door. If you leave your keys in the center console you can lock your keys in your car. Do you have an extra key?? Try it out. Play with the system. If you don't have an extra key then just leave your window open so that you don't lock yourself out.

Tom

The only way that you cannot lock your keys in your car is if the key is in the ignition and you press the button on the door. 

So I guess that's the "anti-lock-out" feature the original poster asked about. Lexus must have figured that the most common cause of lock out is someone forgetting to take the key out of the ignition; if you remember to take it out, then with almost certainty you'd take it with you out of the car.