Drls And Fog Lights

CBic

Can I make the DRLs and Fog lights white by changing the bulbs like using hyper white bulbs?

If i can't then how can I disable my DRLs with the least hassle in order to enable them again at a later date. Not to big of a car techie so detailed instructions would be great.

On the IS, I think the glass in the fog light is yellow so changing the buld won't help.

As for the DRL, if it is like my ES, the high beam buld is illuminated at 50% power so again, no matter what buld, it will be off white/yellish.

Look on you headlight control, see if you can turn the selector to OFF, this may disabale your DRL. Mind you it also disables the AUTO function.

If I am not correct about the DRLs, then I am sure bartkat will chime in as he is more knowlegable of the IS.

steviej

I tried turning them to off and that didn't turn of the DRLS.... and for the fog lights u are saying i'll have to buy something like IS200 JDM White Fog lights on lextasy.com in order to get them white.

Can I make the DRLs and Fog lights white by changing the bulbs like using hyper white bulbs?

If i can't then how can I disable my DRLs with the least hassle in order to enable them again at a later date.  Not to big of a car techie so detailed instructions would be great.

Open the hood and look in front of the battery. There is a black box with a "caution hot" warning on it. That is the resistor that reduces power to your DRL's. There's a wire with a plug going into that box. Squeeze in the buttons of that plug and pull it out of the box. Now your DRL's are off, but your high beams will still work. Use a wire tie to secure the plug and put electrical tape of the end of that and the socket and you should be good.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried turning them to off and that didn't turn of the DRLS.... and for the fog lights u are saying i'll have to buy something like IS200 JDM White Fog lights on lextasy.com in order to get them white.

If u change your OEM fogs to the clear JDM then u will have to buy $100.00 PIAA bulbs to match your headlights. if u use your old fog bulbs, the light will be dull. So about 200 bucks for the JDM,s and another 100 bucks for new bulbs.