Retrofitting Nav System

In process of swapping out my SC for a GS, have two little kids and need the four door.

I found the exact one I want (black cherry) but it doesn't have the navigation system. (My wife has an RX330, and the nav system has turned out to be worth its weight in gold.)

How hard and expensive is it to retrofit a nav system? Has anyone done this?

Looking forward to the 300 horses, for sure, along with the other luxuries I don't have on my 95 SC.

Thanks.

i looked and looked and looked, and have not been able to find a used navi system to put into my car. im gonna say next to impossible to find. and if the car comes with nakamichi it will be an even larger chore to do all the wiring, as the nakamichi wasnt available as an option with the navi.

all in all i would say that if your looking for lexus original part, and in good condition, its not gonna happen.

sorry to steal your thunder bro.

i looked and looked and looked, and have not been able to find a used navi system to put into my car.  im gonna say next to impossible to find.  and if the car comes with nakamichi it will be an even larger chore to do all the wiring, as the nakamichi wasnt available as an option with the navi. 

all in all i would say that if your looking for lexus original part, and in good condition, its not gonna happen.

If you really want a nav for your new gs I have one for you they run $2600.00 shipped with install instructions and everything that is needed. The dealer wants over $10,000 and they won't install , they will want to sell you a GS that has nav already. If interested pm or em me for details.

i looked and looked and looked, and have not been able to find a used navi system to put into my car.  im gonna say next to impossible to find.  and if the car comes with nakamichi it will be an even larger chore to do all the wiring, as the nakamichi wasnt available as an option with the navi. 

If you really want a nav for your new gs I have one for you they run $2600.00 shipped with install instructions and everything that is needed. The dealer wants over $10,000 and they won't install , they will want to sell you a GS that has nav already. If interested pm or em me for details.

Oh yeah, What year is the GS 430 ?

Oh yeah, What year is the GS 430 ?

In fact I have a 98-00 nav and a 01+ nav and can retrofit the 01 into a 98-00. Interesting ??? B)

In fact I have a 98-00 nav and a 01+ nav and can retrofit the 01 into a 98-00. Interesting ??? B)

Hey DC, I'd love to know where you get these "rare" parts?

I assure you it is a highly respected source. That includes myself of course. B) :cheers: B) Thanks for the battery info, I am going out of town and I wanted to change both batteries. ;) This is actually a hobby of mine. :ph34r: When I can help out fellow members with the same help that I receive is gratification enough. But everything costs $$$.

So you've done a retro of the newer nav into a 98-00 car? Interesting? Did you need custom wiring or are the OEM ones sufficient?

So you've done a retro of the newer nav into a 98-00 car? Interesting? Did you need custom wiring or are the OEM ones sufficient?

Custom, And you can play dvd's [ with the 6 disc dvd player ] while you are driving. Nice !!!

It was an 01, but the guy just sold it, so I'm looking again. I found one not too far from me that has really low miles, and it has the nav already in it. But I may be in touch with you if this one doesn't work out and I'm in the position of needing one again. Helpful information, also.

Thanks.

i would really like some more info on this. it doesnt seem like my pm have been working so my email is

dbrigley@bolder.net

thanks very much

i would really like some more info on this. it doesnt seem like my pm have been working so my email is

dbrigley@bolder.net

thanks very much

Check your mail.

Do you absolutely want the stock navigation system? If not why dont you consider aftermarket options? Alpines are great however many people dislike the flipout screens. If you fall under that category then you might be interested in one of the new kenwood ones (not sure of model) but it is a double din. When you start the car it flips out backwards and sits flush against the dash. When car is off it flips back around so it looks like there's no screen(less chance of theft).

I dont want to sound like a salesperson promoting all these aftermarket items. However the sound quality on the alpine's is definately better compared to the stock lexus one. I can attest to this because none of my cars have the stock audio systems in them. Every car has an upgraded system of some sort.

I just got my new GS300 two weeks ago and already I'm planning to pull out the entire sound sysetm and replace it with aftermarket parts. I am also replacing the headunit with a car computer for this car with a custom 8" touchscreen lcd mounted in the dash.

Going aftermarket will be much easier since you just plug the headunit in and you're good to go. It is probably a cheaper way to go than sourcing a stock navi and custom work to install/wire it in. Everyone has their tastes though.

Enough babbling though, this is only if you are interested in aftermarket options. :D

• 4 weeks later...
dc, can you email me more info too?

neo.one@gmail.com

Check your mail. B)

OK - I hate to continue but could you email me too? I've got a '01 GS430 w/o the Nav and would like to upgrade but am having problems justifying the $'s.

ryan.white@mchsi.com

Thanks!