Replacement Hid Bulbs

just wondering if anyone has replaced their HID bulbs. either with lexus bulbs or aftermarket.

also, if you have gone aftermaket, any opinions on 4300K, 6000K, 6500K, 8000K????

i know that 4300K puts out the most useable light, and that 8000 is really bright but not useable, but i was thinking of going somewhere in the middle like 6000K

let me know what you guys think

just wondering if anyone has replaced their HID bulbs.  either with lexus bulbs or aftermarket.

also, if you have gone aftermaket, any opinions on 4300K, 6000K, 6500K, 8000K????

i know that 4300K puts out the most useable light, and that 8000 is really bright but not useable, but i was thinking of going somewhere in the middle like 6000K

let me know what you guys think

I have 6K on my car (ES) and love them. Not too white and not to purple. And the output lumens is still pretty good.

just wanted to let everyone know that this weekend my 6500k kit came from

www.xenondepot.com

they look amazing. like stock only a little bit more of a bluish hue to them. none of this purple or any of that stuff. i was a little hesitant about losing light output but there was none of this. they also had a sale on right now and i got them for pretty cheap in comparison to what you would pay at a lexus dealer for their replacements, and these ones look better. they also shipped the next day and i had them pretty much 2 days after i ordered them.

just thought i would let everyone know.

OH, haha almost forgot. if you ARE going to replace your HIDs, replace them both at the same time. it just looks better and you can be gauranteed similar life expectancy, which should be lifetime. ;)

• 1 month later...

This is just to give some info...I know those HID bulbs are expensive. But you can go to EBAy and get the Factory Phillips bulbs (4500k) for 80.00 Dollars (2). I have just replaced mine and both ballast. Just wanted to share

xenon depot is a rip off, i still have no idea why anyone buys from them with their prices.

If it fits a d2r or d2s bulb it is oem and pretty much all made by phillips which is who makes all oem bulbs.

6000k is the nicest to me in colour and output.