Speed Bumps

rx300mac

This morning when I was drivin' to work I noticed that something in the rear of my 2000 rx300 was making a noise everytime I went over a bump or somethin'. sort of like a screetching-scraping noise. Its only there when I go over a bump or sumthin'. struts or something? IDK but its agrivating.

To get to where I work i have to go over 4 speed bumps... therefore 4 on the way back. I don't go fast over them, i just don't slow down... :chairshot: could this be the reason for the screetching noises?

Thanks guys :(

i go over speed bumps every day too and i don't have problems with my cars. I guess that it can't be good though LOL

Try getting your rear suspension bushings lubricated......

Agreed, it might be something small like Jon suggests. B)

i go over speed bumps every day too and i don't have problems with my cars. I guess that it can't be good though LOL

Try getting your rear suspension bushings lubricated......

While my wife's 2000 RX300 is still under the Certified Warranty, I still have the oil/filter changed at the dealership every 4 months. [ Her idea. ] She puts about 500 miles a month on it. Getting back to undercarriage noises, after I pick it up from the dealer I bring it home, put it up on jack-stands, and examine what was done at the dealership. [ I'm a worrier! ] While doing this I spray EVERYTHING that is rubber under the car with WD40, using a spray-bottle with an adjustable nozzle, which I buy by the gallon at Home Depot. [ $ 9.00 a gal. ] I also have a Silverado extracab truck that I perform all of the maint. on, and have used the WD40 on it also. I have found over the years that the WD40 helps to preserve/lubricate all of the rubber bushings, boots, etc. under the vehicle and eliminate sqeaks. I've always used Mobil 1 in our vehicles but I'm hesitant to begin using it in her 2000 RX300 [ 53,000 miles ] when it is out of the Certified Warranty; always heard of leak problems when converting to synthetic after that many miles. Try the WD40. It works.