Question About Sprint Bluetooth Phones

I just spent two hours loading my phone list on to my new LS430 using Cingular/Razr V3.   The first hour's work was wasted, because no one told me to press OK after each entry.  So the numbers disappered after I turned the car off.

Now, after the second try---remember, only one number at a time---It's up and running.  Speed dials are easy and the sound is great.

One disappointment---the Razr/Cingular Bluetooth connection is very tenuous.  I have to reconnect often to keep the system up and running..

But it does work.

UPDATE:

With all of my data up-loaded using my Cingular Razr V3, I now updated my Verizon service by adding a Motorola E815 Bluetooth phone.

Here it is guys....Very easy to make the bluetooth connection--every time--with a couple of clicks. It has a good, strong signal, never drops a connection as works flawlessly.

It is stupid that we have to work around Verizon to get our data loaded, but once in the Lexus system, that Verizon-based Moto E815 is absolutely the best!!!

jyinger...Were you able to transfer your phonebook entries from the Moto E815 to the Lexus or did you have to enter them manually???

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spent two hours loading my phone list on to my new LS430 using Cingular/Razr V3.   The first hour's work was wasted, because no one told me to press OK after each entry.  So the numbers disappered after I turned the car off.

Now, after the second try---remember, only one number at a time---It's up and running.  Speed dials are easy and the sound is great.

One disappointment---the Razr/Cingular Bluetooth connection is very tenuous.  I have to reconnect often to keep the system up and running..

But it does work.

UPDATE:

With all of my data up-loaded using my Cingular Razr V3, I now updated my Verizon service by adding a Motorola E815 Bluetooth phone.

Here it is guys....Very easy to make the bluetooth connection--every time--with a couple of clicks. It has a good, strong signal, never drops a connection as works flawlessly.

It is stupid that we have to work around Verizon to get our data loaded, but once in the Lexus system, that Verizon-based Moto E815 is absolutely the best!!!

jyinger...Were you able to transfer your phonebook entries from the Moto E815 to the Lexus or did you have to enter them manually???

Pardon my ignorance but how can the Verizon-based Moto E815 make a bluetooth connection in the Lexus?? Doesn't Verizon in their infinite wisdom disable bluetooth in the E815?? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Not for hansfree profiles, you can talk on your Verizon phone overbluetooth, but thats it. They disable the OBEX profiles that allow transfer of data and files.

Yeah, I have an audiovox pocket pc phone and I can talk using the blue tooth setup, but just can't transfer my phonebook. The dealer showed me a trick of storing the last 5, but thats about it.

But it does work.

UPDATE:

Did Verizon give you a deal on the E815?? My brother has Verizon and recently signed a new contract. He told me he called them about getting an E815 and was told that he'd have to pay full price for it...$350!!! To heck with that. Any suggestions?? ebay???

But it does work.

UPDATE:

This isn't that hard to figure out. The phone book will not transfer with any Verizon phone period! Just get over it and manually input the names and numbers! Ok enough said already.

Pardon my ignorance but how can the Verizon-based Moto E815 make a bluetooth connection in the Lexus?? Doesn't Verizon in their infinite wisdom disable bluetooth in the E815?? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

But it does work.

UPDATE:

Did Verizon give you a deal on the E815?? My brother has Verizon and recently signed a new contract. He told me he called them about getting an E815 and was told that he'd have to pay full price for it...$350!!! To heck with that. Any suggestions?? ebay??? Ebay will cost about the same as paying full price. I was a new Verizon customer and I was able to go to Verizon online and paid $99 for the Motorola E815 plus a free V265 phone with a two year sign up. Such a deal!!

Finally got my treo 650 to work with the 400h, Cingular is my carrier.  Just had to tell someone, thanks for listening.

katz...Have you been happy with Cingular service??? Here in TX, I have heard that their service kind of s**ks. I'm asking because my brother has a 400h and he told me yesterday that he is going to switch to Cingular after his Verizon contract runs out so he can get a fully functional bluetooth phone as opposed to Verizon's partially functional bluetooth phone. :( I think he has at least another year on his Verizon contract so things could change obviously.

Cingular is strong in the Pacific Northwest because they took over one of the better Att cellular networks founded by McCaw Cellular. It is my personal belief that each region in the country has a carrier with better coverage than its competition and i think polling people who have different carriers is a good way to try to figure it out. Most Cellular providers will allow you a two to four week grace period to cancel your contract if the service does not meet your needs. Some of it also depends on if your brother spends most of his time in the big city or gets out in the country where service can be more sparse. In addition some phone manufacturers engineer their phones to work with certain carriers more closely. Nokia at one time worked more closely with carriers to provide better reception than Motorola did. I dont know if that is still the case. Motorola in the last years has captured more market with phone design that more people want.

I have a Treo 650 GSM, and my employee a Nokia digital phone and both work well. Cingular is more expensive than ATT was, and less friendly when you call customer service although i have never had to go to the depths of hell with them in India as a do when i pay my friends Sprint bill over the phone. In my area Sprint has the most spotty service, worst customer service and i would use a tin can and a string before i signed up with them.

In addition to be honest I do have a Cingular cell tower on the roof of my building,

so of course the signal is strong, they are a great tennant altho the tradeoff for great reception might be that extra radiation that im sure is beamed right at my desk.

Does anyone know how to load phonebook using Sprint LG PM 325 phone?

Sprint offers no technology support.

How do you manually add to phone book

You can't. Sprint has disabled the data transmission abilities of that phone.

For Treo 650 owners who use Cingular there is a new Palm One update that improves memory use, volume, and EASE OF BLUETOOTH connectivity in car applications. It is at their palm one web site.

In the meantime, if anyone has figured out a work-around I would love to hear about it.

CKK, I have a V710 which works great with my 400h other than the fact that I can't transfer phone numbers. So, I went to amazon.com and bought a used SE T616 phone and SIM card (~$100). I loaded my phonebook entries into the T616 and then transfered them to the car in one download. This went smoothly following the step by step procedures on the Lexus web site.

This approach works for me because my phonebook is pretty stable (don't anticipate having to do this every day) and I was crazy enough to spend a hundred bucks for a "Lexus Phonebook Loading Device."

Want to sell your custom used LPLD? I'm in Dallas with a V710

I have a Treo 650 (on Verizon) and have had no trouble synching Bluetooth with my RX400h. I also was able to upload to both phonebooks from the Treo.

The only complaint I have (and it's a big one) is the call waiting problem. Both calls are disconnected when one comes in. I use a Bluetooth headset outside of the car so I know it's not Bluetooth in general on the Treo.

I know others have this problem, suggestions??

When was your Treo manufactured and is it a Verizon branded unit or is it an Unlocked PalmOne unit being used on Verizon? No Verizon phone will transfer data over Bluetooth even the PDAs AFAIK.

I have a Treo 650 (on Verizon) and have had no trouble synching Bluetooth with my RX400h.  I also was able to upload to both phonebooks from the Treo.

The only complaint I have (and it's a big one) is the call waiting problem.  Both calls are disconnected when one comes in.  I use a Bluetooth headset outside of the car so I know it's not Bluetooth in general on the Treo.

I know others have this problem, suggestions??

Same problem with me. Sprint Treo 650 with 1.08 update. Anyone have the 1.12 Sprint update still having this call waiting problem?

When was your Treo manufactured and is it a Verizon branded unit or is it an Unlocked PalmOne unit being used on Verizon? No Verizon phone will transfer data over Bluetooth even the PDAs AFAIK.

I don't know when the phone was manufactured, I got it in June of this year. It is a Verizon branded phone. I have definitely transferred my 2 phone books over bluetooth to my 400h, several times in fact.

Sheb: I have a treo 650 via cingular, and the bluetooth works well with the new update from the palm site, however my contact list is 'locked'. I cannot beam it to the car phone book. I called Palm one and they were cingularly unhelpful, she said there was no way to unlock the contact list. Are you aware of any remedy? Thanks

In the meantime, if anyone has figured out a work-around I would love to hear about it.

CKK, I have a V710 which works great with my 400h other than the fact that I can't transfer phone numbers. So, I went to amazon.com and bought a used SE T616 phone and SIM card (~$100). I loaded my phonebook entries into the T616 and then transfered them to the car in one download. This went smoothly following the step by step procedures on the Lexus web site.

This approach works for me because my phonebook is pretty stable (don't anticipate having to do this every day) and I was crazy enough to spend a hundred bucks for a "Lexus Phonebook Loading Device."

Neat work around. I have a question re your "Lexus Phonebook Loading Device", did you sync from your PC Outlook files to the phone( PC (outlook) to Se T616 -LPLD)? If so, what software did you use for the sync? Then you took the phone to the Rx400h and followed the manual to download the phonebook. All the time, the SE t616 is not "live" (by that I mean that it isn't conected to a live carrier i.e. you could not actually make a call from the SE t616, right) Following this method, does the calendar function also download from Outlook? If this works, I'll be on amazon or ebay looking for a SE T616.

Thanks

Sheb:  I have a treo 650 via cingular, and the bluetooth works well with the new update from the palm site, however my contact list is 'locked'.  I cannot beam it to the car phone book.  I called Palm one and they were cingularly unhelpful, she said there was no way to unlock the contact list.  Are you aware of any remedy?  Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by 'locked'? I was able to upload any of my contact list categories by choosing the 'send category' option on the 650. This was after (of course) setting my 400h to receive the upload. Each of the two phone books in the car have a maximum of 500 entries i think. I actually created a new category in Outlook called Lexus Bluetooth and used that as a subset of my entire contact list. I'm on Verizon if it makes a difference.

I'll tell you though, the call waiting disconnect problem is wearing thin. I'm at the point where I might turn off bluetooth on the 650 and use my corded headset until a fix comes along. Everything works fine on bluetooth/call waiting and my Motorola headset but not with the 400h.

By locked i mean when i tried to send my category, "contacts list" there is a padlock on the screen on the treo and nothing will transfer. Other than that it works well in the 400h with the latest Palm update. Also, some of the new bluetooth wireless headsets work quite well and free you from the cord, and your voice quality is better with the headset than over the 400h system. The 'locked' terminoligy can also apply to a phone that will only work with one carrier, i.e. locked onto that carrier, or 'unlocked' as in available to work with any local carrier you choose.

That's different than mine. I just checked mine. First, in contacts I chose the category I wanted to upload. Then I chose send from the options and bluetooth as the method. Which screen is the lock on? Is it possible you've marked all your contacts as private?