Stereo Anti-theft Code

Had my 1997 ES300 for a very short time.

Read somewhere that if I disconnect the battery for replacement or other reasons I will need to re-enter the "authentication code" in the stereo for it to work (anti-theft feature).

I have no documentation giving me this code. Is it possible to bring up the code on the stereo while it's still working, so if I ever disconnect or replace the battery, I'll have the code?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Hi, I am having a similar problem, I did have a light that blinked on and off when the car was off. I was having problems with my volume. I used this sites directions and pulled it out. Easy as pie!!!!!! I found a used stereo and put it in. I now have no power or anything with the new one. I plugged everything in, you would have to be blind not to plug everything in right. How would I get the code???? Do you have to take it in to get it???

i would say the problem is not the code for the dead deck it is just dead

it would atleast turn on if it needed a code

sounds like you can either open up the old one and use a hopefully good part or try looking for another one to replace your 2 defective ones