Bass Hitting When I Start Car

Hopefully someone here knows the answer. A few days ago we put in my 15" Eclipse + 500W Rockford amp in my car. It sounds really good, loud and clean. Whenever I start the car though, it LOUDLY hits bass for about 2 seconds until the car is started. Also, wheneever I turn the radio completely off, bass hits constantly BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. Any ideas?

i have the exact same trouble and was going to post the same question awhile back.im not sure why its doing it but i tied my remote wire into the radio fuse so maybe the amp is always on when the car is running.what i think im going to do is put the remote line in a different spot and see if it stops it.i know exactly how you feel because when i start my car all i hear is boom.then i shut the radio off when i have to go thru a car wash and once again i hear a boom only it stays on.im going to try mine tomorrow and i will post if i fix it.

I have the same problem too, what i did was i ran the remote wire up to the front and put a switch on it so when i start the car or turn the radio off i could also turn the amp off. I used the speaker to rca converter to connect my amp because i didn't want to change the stock deck, so i think the reason why this loudly bass comes for about 2 seconds is because the amp doesn't know when to turn itself off and on because the stock deck as no remote wire and the antenna motor only gets power when the antenna goes up or down so the amp must stay on all the time. :huh:

you guys have the worng wire for the remote

it is turning on and off with the car not the deck

the ant actually does have one but i think it is low poered for amperage

i can't remeber but i thin mine is there

that would help good if anyone knows a better wire to atatch the remote too because i tried everything but it still does it.the problem is the amp is turning itself on when you start the car and it takes the radio a few seconds to come on so thats why it makes that sound.if someone knows a better wire let me know.

i had an idea.if anyone knows what wire is the amp turn on on the factory amp under the seat then we can use that wire and then there wont be a problem.i will try to find the color.