Lexus Wood Knob

razahyde

i have a 96 ls400 and i have a all leather gear shift knob in my car and i want to get a wood knob i think the wood is burlwood i found this knob on ebay ending soon would it fit or not and does the wood look right to those of you who kno a thing or two about this i emailed the guy and he said the knob was 3 3/4 inches tall

http://i23.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/1f/38/0a_1_b.JPG

http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/1f/05/dc_1_b.JPG

I believe the 97 Coach edition came with the wood shifter and steering wheel. So it probably will fit your 96 with no problem. Have you thought about a wooden wheel to match?

Thanks

ED

my son thought about buying a steering wheel but a friend of his said he had bougt one for his ls400 and it didnt fit he said that somehting with the airbag didnt fit so my son didnt get a steering but if you kno if it possible to buy a 98-00 ls400 wood steering that fits with my 96's airbag then ill tell my son to get that one

I have a 97 LS400 and also wanted to upgrade my all leather shift knob to a burlwood and leather one. I bought a 3.5 inch wood/leather shift knob on e-Bay and it did not fit my car. The threads on the shifter are wider than the threads in the knob. You will need to stick with a 5 inch shift knob. Now I have a nice paperweight :)

well in that case it seems like im going to be stuck with my leather shifter and leather steering for a while unless any of you can help me out it would be really appreciated :D

• 2 years later...
well in that case it seems like im going to be stuck with my leather shifter and leather steering for a while unless any of you can help me out it would be really appreciated :D

i would kill for a wood wheel for my 93 LS400, if anyone has one for sale i would buy it for sure

I believe the 97 Coach edition came with the wood shifter and steering wheel. So it probably will fit your 96 with no problem. Have you thought about a wooden wheel to match?

Thanks

ED

The coach edition didn't have the wood wheel or shifter, they first came out as an option in 98 and were made standard in 99. The wheel from a 98 won't fit on a 95-97 because of changes made to the airbag system in 98.

The knobs are all interchangable though. Keep in mind that the color of the wood changed in 98 too, so it won't match your 96.

Razahyde,

Try this company. Distinctive Automotive Concepts, phone number (866) 571-0913 .They have done two steering wheels for me. They took my old leather wheels off my 94 & 98 LS. And made them look like factory.(Wood and all!) I sent them a wood sample for each car. And they match it very very close to the car. After talking to them. I now understand they can put wood on old leather shift knobs. Good luck! Sbguy

There website is www.distinctiveautomotiveconcepts.com

Razahyde,

Try this company. Distinctive Automotive Concepts, phone number (866) 571-0913 .They have done two steering wheels for me. They took my old leather wheels off my 94 & 98 LS. And made them look like factory.(Wood and all!) I sent them a wood sample for each car. And they match it very very close to the car. After talking to them. I now understand they can put wood on old leather shift knobs. Good luck! Sbguy

There website is www.distinctiveautomotiveconcepts.com

I think it is www.distinctiveautoconcepts.com

Do you have a price estimate? (You have to send them an inquiry to get a pricing idea).