Rx300 Extended Warranty

GAguitar

My 2001 RX300 manufatures warranty expires on Saturday. I currently have 43K miles. There have been no real problems so far. I really rely on my car and don't want to get stuck if something happens once the warranty runs out. I know Lexus is a great car company and has the reputation to back. I had warranty work done not to long ago to replace two servo motors. The cost would have been $840.00 if I wasn't covered under a warranty. That's scary.

Do you recommend purchasing an extended warranty. Who is the best company to get from? Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by GAguitar

I would buy the warranty only if you plan on keeping the car for at least another 4 or 5 years. I bought an the Lexus extended warranty for my first Lexus in 1994 but have not bought for the last 3 because I lease now. I owned my first Lexus for 8 years & it paid for itself in the later years.

how many miles on your rx300 so far? If you're close to 60-70K miles, get the warranty if you plan on keeping the rx over 80k miles.

My 1999 rx300 transmision (a $4400 job) went out at 79k miles. I wish i had the extended warranty. On my 2003 rx300 i got the 6 year warranty at purchase, but i ended up selling it last month because of all the other problems with it. Even if it was under a warranty, i hated taking it back every time it broke. It's just bound to happen sooner or later. It's safe to have.

Buy a Lexus Warranty and if you decide to get rid of the car, sell the warranty with it for the price you bought it.

Agreed! I'd go with the 'Lexus' extended warranty & nothing else personally. I have the coverage on my 01 ES, knock on wood, I haven't needed it yet as the car has been flawless, but I have piece of mind until 120,000 miles or 2 years (car has only 58,000 miles currently). B)

:cheers:

how many miles on your rx300 so far?    If you're close to 60-70K miles, get the warranty if you plan on keeping the rx over 80k miles.

My 1999 rx300 transmision (a $4400 job) went out at 79k miles. I wish i had the extended warranty. On my 2003 rx300 i got the 6 year warranty at purchase, but i ended up selling it last month because of all the other problems with it. Even if it was under a warranty, i hated taking it back every time it broke. It's just bound to happen sooner or later. It's safe to have.

Hello,

Thanks for the info. I have 43K on my rx300. i got a price from Protective Insurance/ Costguard for $1,140.00 for 4 years or 50k bumper to bumper.

Any suggestions?

does this mean it's only good until you HIT 50k miles? or for 50k miles more?

you won't have any problems until about 60-70k miles on an rx300

The original warranty is for 4 years or 50K. I haven't used the mileage so the time period is in effect and actually expires tomorrow. this is what the Lexus dealership told me.