'06 Gs 430 --disabling The Safety Features

i recently purchased a 2006 gs 430. while they are safety precautions, they tend to become a bit annoying. some examples:

if you are watching a dvd, when the car comes out of park, the video dissappears

several buttons on the touch screen become inoperable while the car is in motion

does anyone know how to disable these features? its great they care about my safety, but i payed 55K for a car that i control, not a nanny.

i recently purchased a 2006 gs 430.  while they are safety precautions, they tend to become a bit annoying.  some examples:

if you are watching a dvd, when the car comes out of park, the video dissappears

several buttons on the touch screen become inoperable while the car is in motion

does anyone know how to disable these features?  its great they care about my safety, but i payed 55K for a car that i control, not a nanny.

On the ClubLexus forums it was mentioned that someone had disabled the DVD lock in motion by removing a wire on the back of the DVD player. I don't think any dealer would do it for legal reasons.

i recently purchased a 2006 gs 430.  while they are safety precautions, they tend to become a bit annoying.  some examples:

does anyone know how to disable these features?  its great they care about my safety, but i payed 55K for a car that i control, not a nanny.

I'm working on how to remove the safety features, so far with no luck. To by-pass the parking break is a no brainer, however the motion sensor is a tuffy. Once I find a way I will post. BTW, removing the unit will be nessasary. After a few hours I learned how, Its not that hard.

Lexus of Valencia can refer you to someone who can disable the DVD safety feature. Just be aware that you can be found liable in the event of an accident. There is a case in LA where the owner bypassed these controls and got into an accident. He was found liable and his insurance company refused to pay because of this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Did anyone ever stop to think of why a "safety feature" exists? Perhaps not to protect the person who wants to watch tv in his/her car but more so to protect the poor innocent bas%#rd that one might collide with while watching something other than the road.

• 4 weeks later...