Break Squeaking

hi, another problem here. when I'm going through a fast food drive through

i get a squeeling noise. it seems to be worse the hotter it gets. I checked pads and they seem to be 50- 60%. question is did whoever install these do it wrong and also any sugestions on type of pad to use for quiet fast food stops. :(

hi, another problem here. when I'm going through a fast food drive through

i get a squeeling noise. it seems to be worse the hotter it gets. I checked pads and they seem to be 50- 60%. question is did whoever install these do it wrong and also any sugestions on type of pad to use for quiet fast food stops. :(

When was the last time a complete brake job was done (rotors, pads etc)? I'd use at the very least OEM pads & shoes & I hear Napa rotors work very well. B) You might want to have the brake system cleaned beforehand & see if that helps.

:cheers:

the man i bought the car from said  5k ago rotors turned and new brake pads. brakes feel fine just slow moving it squeeks

Have the system adjusted & cleaned and see it that helps. It won't cost much to do. B)

:cheers:

if the new pads installed were semi-metallic or metallic they will squeal upon light pressure but should stop squealing when harder pressure is applied. It is common on metallic pads.

However, during the installation, the mechanic should have reinstalled the brake pad shims and applied some "disc quiet" to the back of the pads. These two items may not have been done.

steviej

I am experiencing the same thing. After my 90k mile service, Lexus told me the noise and also in my case grinding from the brakes was from the semi-metallic material. My front rotors also have rust build-up and it was recommended that I replace the rotors when my brake pads wear out. $380 for the replacement of all pads and front rotors. What do you guys think?

I am experiencing the same thing. After my 90k mile service, Lexus told me the noise and also in my case grinding from the brakes was from the semi-metallic material. My front rotors also have rust build-up and it was recommended that I replace the rotors when my brake pads wear out. $380 for the replacement of all pads and front rotors. What do you guys think?

well, you can buy rotors for $75 each (so that is $140 for front). Pads are $35 each; so that is $70 for rear and front. $140 to $70 = $210 your price. Doing it yourself is about 1 hour.

I had the same problem on my 99 es300, the front brakes were squeeling a lot and it wasn't due to being worn down. My rotors were in good condition too. All I did was buy the factory pads from Lexus for $43 bucks and replaced them myself. It took about 1 hour and I must say that these pads are extremely quiet. Not one peep! Pretty easy job too.