New Owner

cebu

hello all,

i just took delivery yesterday of my GX470 - silver pine. i've looked at the Cayenne (base) and the X5 (3.0) and for the price/performance/options/best bang for the buck, the GX was hats off for me.

anyways, my driveway has a steep incline. i notice that there is a "clicking sound" when i go from brake to gas while the vehicle in on an incline. it's a very annoying sound coming from underneath or from the front of the vehicle! my wife says she could hear it from outside as well. i did a forum search and all it came up was someone's post about "noise" coming from uphill assist. i am not sure if this is the same sound i am hearing.

i called my dealer today and told them about it. said to bring it in so they'll have a look. just want to know if anyone here is experiencing the same thing.

cheers!

-joe

CHeck on the instrument panel if the VSC light comes on adn if it beeps at the same time. If it does that it is the Hill Start assist. It normally kicks in if you are in gear and the GX rolls backwards. It applies the brake and prevents it from rolling backwards any further.

Just test it tonight and see what it does.

hello all,

i just took delivery yesterday of my GX470 - silver pine.  i've looked at the Cayenne (base) and the X5 (3.0) and for the price/performance/options/best bang for the buck, the GX was hats off for me.

anyways, my driveway has a steep incline.  i notice that there is a "clicking sound" when i go from brake to gas while the vehicle in on an incline.  it's a very annoying sound coming from underneath or from the front of the vehicle!  my wife says she could hear it from outside as well.  i did a forum search and all it came up was someone's post about "noise" coming from uphill assist.  i am not sure if this is the same sound i am hearing. 

i called my dealer today and told them about it.  said to bring it in so they'll have a look.  just want to know if anyone here is experiencing the same thing.

cheers!

-joe

yes that happens to me to. no need to worry its only the hill climbing assist. notice that when u take you foot of the break the car does not roll backwards. thats all it does.

hello all,

i just took delivery yesterday of my GX470 - silver pine.  i've looked at the Cayenne (base) and the X5 (3.0) and for the price/performance/options/best bang for the buck, the GX was hats off for me.

anyways, my driveway has a steep incline.  i notice that there is a "clicking sound" when i go from brake to gas while the vehicle in on an incline.  it's a very annoying sound coming from underneath or from the front of the vehicle!  my wife says she could hear it from outside as well.  i did a forum search and all it came up was someone's post about "noise" coming from uphill assist.  i am not sure if this is the same sound i am hearing. 

i called my dealer today and told them about it.  said to bring it in so they'll have a look.  just want to know if anyone here is experiencing the same thing.

cheers!

-joe

yes that happens to me to. no need to worry its only the hill climbing assist. notice that when u take you foot of the break the car does not roll backwards. thats all it does.

it was designed for emergency off-road conditons where u MIGHT not be able to roll down so they put this system in.

hello all,

cheers!

-joe

it was designed for emergency off-road conditons where u MIGHT not be able to roll down so they put this system in.

Yes, I've had that clicking problem along with the sulphur smell and the thunk in the rear end.