Air Conditioner Leak

eric5146

I have a Right Hand Drive Japanese 89/90 Celsior which I recently imported into Australia. The air compressor siezed and I had it replaced and the system converted to R134a. But on regassing the system has a significant leak from the flange of what appears to be some sort of regulator on the passenger side of the vehicle just in front of the firewall. The car has a split airconditioning system not sold on local cars and this may be part of that system. I am located in country Western Australia and cant easily get the vehicle to a dealership and the telephone has not been much help. I dont know much about air conditioners and this may be obvious but it would sure help me if someone could identify the part I am dealing with here so that I can source a replacement or an o ring or whatever. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I will attempt to attach a photo showing the site of the leak.

That's an EPR valve. Evaporator pressure regulator. It has orings which can be easily replaced after the r-134 is evacuated from the system.

Thanks for this advice.

Do you know if there would be a standard "o" ring kit for this. My potential local suppliers have not been too helpful so can you suggest any web based supplier who might have this?

That's an EPR valve. Evaporator pressure regulator. It has orings which can be easily replaced after the r-134 is evacuated from the system.

Thanks for this advice.

Do you know if there would be a standard "o" ring kit for this. My potential local suppliers have not been too helpful so can you suggest any web based supplier who might have this?

Mehullica has your answer. I have repaired this leak on 3 1st gen cars already including my own. Take out the o-ring and match it up (best possible) anywhere you can get one. I wrote about this in a previous post. After you empty the system just remove the bolt and pull the valve out. Fit the new o-ring, reinstall and charge with 2 1/2 cans R134 or till the bubbles are gone from the sight glass by the right front headlight assembly.