Squeaking On 400h Breaks?

RX400hGirl

First thing in the morning when I back out of the garage, the brakes on my 400h squeak 2-3 times. Then I never hear it again until the next "cold boot". Anyone else having that problem? :wacko:

Just realized, thanks to a little birdie, that I spelled brakes wrong in the subject line.

:whistles:

First thing in the morning when I back out of the garage, the brakes on my 400h squeak 2-3 times.  Then I never hear it again until the next "cold boot".  Anyone else having that problem?  :wacko:

I've never heard the brakes on my 400h squeak.

First thing in the morning when I back out of the garage, the brakes on my 400h squeak 2-3 times.  Then I never hear it again until the next "cold boot".  Anyone else having that problem?  :wacko:

Yes mine squeeks only in reverse on a cold startup.

Ron

How odd, I've never heard mine squeak even in reverse on a cold start. I wonder if it is influenced by weather or something. The squekers so far are in Seattle and Ohio. Non-squeakers in Northern California - despite some recent rains, the humidity has been fairly low here.

I have noticed the brakes squeeking when in reverse after damp or rainy conditions. It seems to clear up quickly. I am in Michigan and we have had a lot of moisture recently.

I have squeakers here in IL too when going in reverse first thing in the morning. Then, never again until the next morning. I have the same issue on my 1999 RX 300. I am not too worried.

First thing in the morning when I back out of the garage, the brakes on my 400h squeak 2-3 times.  Then I never hear it again until the next "cold boot".  Anyone else having that problem?:wacko:

Just realized, thanks to a little birdie, that I  spelled brakes wrong in the subject line.

:whistles:

we are in so cal and every morning I hear my wife back out of garage I can hear the squeal...she has 1000 miles on the 400. The car pulls to the right bad too, taking it in friday because we have the day off...see what they say about a new 50,000$ car with squealing brakes.

Yea i have squeaks from the brakes when i back up in the morning too...on my 99RX300...and my 98 Camry. I brought them in to the dealer before and they said my brakes are working normal and they couldn't find what was wrong. I've recently replaced my rotors and brake pads on all four wheels..on my RX after 85000kms....and since then..i haven't heard any noise when i back up.

What I have found is: If my car is in my garage, no squeaks, if I leave it out, sometimes squeaks.

Looked at the rotors, if it's rainy or damp, you may see rust on them+squeak

So check your rotors for a little rust buildup.

The rotors used seem to be susceptible to rust.