Want Gs430 Rims For My 2006 Gs300

I am purchasing a new 2006 GS300 but really dislike the 10 spoke rims - ironically all of the literature show pictures of the 5 spoke rims supposedly on the GS430 ONLY but not for the GS300 - Does anyone want to trade rims? :-) Better yet does anyone have any suggestions for how to convince the dealer to allow me to get the GS430 rims for my GS300 without paying $2400? Thank you in advance.

I am purchasing a new 2006 GS300 but really dislike the 10 spoke rims - ironically all of the literature show pictures of the 5 spoke rims supposedly on the GS430 ONLY but not for the GS300 - Does anyone want to trade rims?  :-)  Better yet does anyone have any suggestions for how to convince the dealer to allow me to get the GS430 rims for my GS300 without paying $2400?    Thank you in advance.

Get the dealer to agree to switch when making the deal & get it in writing. Failing that, keep your eyes open for a salvage GS in the near future & sell your old 10 spoke rims & you will make money! B)

:cheers:

I am purchasing a new 2006 GS300 but really dislike the 10 spoke rims - ironically all of the literature show pictures of the 5 spoke rims supposedly on the GS430 ONLY but not for the GS300 - Does anyone want to trade rims?  :-)  Better yet does anyone have any suggestions for how to convince the dealer to allow me to get the GS430 rims for my GS300 without paying $2400?    Thank you in advance.

Get the dealer to agree to switch when making the deal & get it in writing. Failing that, keep your eyes open for a salvage GS in the near future & sell your old 10 spoke rims & you will make money! B)

Thank you - I have only spoken to the salesperson about it over the phone and she said that it would cost $2400 and I'd then have to buy tires ... I figure for $51,000 they could switch the rims for MUCH less than that - I'll take your advice and negotiate the rims that I want because I really like the 5 spoke rims so much better. Thanks for the encouragement.

Thank you - I have only spoken to the salesperson about it over the phone and she said that it would cost $2400 and I'd then have to buy tires ... I figure for $51,000 they could switch the rims for MUCH less than that - I'll take your advice and negotiate the rims that I want because I really like the 5 spoke rims so much better. Thanks for the encouragement.

The customer is King as long as you haven't signed the bill of sale yet.....hey, dosen't hurt to shop around & call another Lexus dealer or two. Keep the salvage idea in the back of your mind as well. Just make sure if you do get an agreement from the dealer that it's all in writing. Good Luck! B)

Here is one website that carries the wheels. I have seen four of the 18" spider wheels for $999 approx..

http://www.lexus-parts.com/partlist.asp?Su...=19&ModelID=125

• 2 months later...

Just wondering, when going from the stock 17" wheels to any of the optional factory 18" wheels, does the dealer lower the car? I'm planning to get the GS300 AWD and would like the dealer to swap the stock 17's for the GS430 5-spoke 18's but the one dealer I contacted about this said it would cost an estimated $3k-$4k to do that! That's just ridiculous. I might as well just get them on lexus-parts.com.

So does the dealer lower the car when going from 17's to 18's?

Which dealer?

I have a great saleswoman in Annapolis I can refer you to who might be more interested in helping you. That salesman is probably hoping you'll spring for a GS430. I've sent a couple LOC members her way.

Do they lower the car? No.

Which dealer?

I have a great saleswoman in Annapolis I can refer you to who might be more interested in helping you. That salesman is probably hoping you'll spring for a GS430. I've sent a couple LOC members her way.

Do they lower the car? No.

Thanks for letting me know, but the dealer I was referring to is Rallye Lexus of NY. Is there anywhere else that I can get the GS430 wheels from for a reasonable price?