Shift Knob Wont Move?

Hey, when i cut the car on my "brake" and "abs" light stays on, and i cant get my shift knob out of park......... unless i push open that little slot next to the shift knob and push that button down wit a flat head of some sort then i can move it to reverse or drive and go on but those lights are still on......i also noticed that the windows dont go up or down and the heated seats and ac dont come on or work........ what is this????

Hey, when i cut the car on my "brake" and "abs" light stays on, and i cant get my shift knob out of park......... unless i push open that little slot next to the shift knob and push that button down wit a flat head of some sort then i can move it to reverse or drive and go on but those lights are still on......i also noticed that the windows dont go up or down and the heated seats and ac dont come on or work........ what is this????

I bet your brake lights are not working either. The brake fuse on the driver's side kick panel is the likely culprit. It disables your brake light system which your ABS system senses as defective brakes thereby giving you the "warning light". Your gear shift interlock is also powered by the same fuse. Finding the burnt fuse is the easy part. What caused it to pop is the other part. Did you do anything to the electrical system to make it pop?

Sorry, but I didn't read your first post very well and didn't notice the part about the windows not working.

This sure sounds like a fuse problem or some other type of electrical failure. The brake pedal switch can not cause all these problems!

If it was the brake switch, only the brake lights would not work and the tranmission would not shift out of park. For future reference though, the brake switch is probably at the top of the brake pedal lever - at that is were it is on our LS and Camry. You can see it if you lay on your back under dash and look upward.

I apologize for the bad information!!!