Rx330 Transmission Problem...question

newlexusguy

Is there a consensus as to whether the transmission hesitation issue exists in the 2005 RX330? I'm looking at buying one, and the salesperson is assuring me that the problem no longer exists. I frankly am not convinced. Can anyone tells me what the status is?

Thanks in advance.

Is there a consensus as to whether the transmission hesitation issue exists in the 2005 RX330?  I'm looking at buying one, and the salesperson is assuring me that the problem no longer exists.  I frankly am not convinced.  Can anyone tells me what the status is?

Thanks in advance.

I watch this closely because of my 2005 Sienna which shares many enging/trans components of the RX. If you scan the Sienna boards (www.siennaclub.org) and this forum, you'll find that it is a prevalent issue - keeping in mind, somewhat a subjective call, based on how one drives. Gentler drivers may not experience. I've also noticed some hint that this issue can develop over time based on the electronics learning. I notice it more often now than when new 6 months ago - but have not experienced the near stall that some report while accelerating during a turn. My observations from the boards suggests that more people claim it does exist than doesn't.

Is there a consensus as to whether the transmission hesitation issue exists in the 2005 RX330?  I'm looking at buying one, and the salesperson is assuring me that the problem no longer exists.  I frankly am not convinced.  Can anyone tells me what the status is?

Thanks in advance.

Check out the other thread "Hesitation Fix" in this RX330 forum. It sounds like there is a fix. I definitely will ask my Lexus dealer at 15000 check up. :cheers:

Test drive one.

Come to a slow crawl, as if you were paying a toll, 5pmh, then try rapid acceleration, you WILL know if it's there or not.

My 330 will hesitate long enough to scare the &^%$ out of you should you need to merge quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...