Man, Fixing Stuff On Your Car Makes You Feel Good!

calean007

This past weekend I did two things I've never done on a car.

First, I replaced the front brake rotors, and that was a tough job with those rotor screws. What idiot at Toyota decided to put them on there? Anyway, brakes may not sound like a big job, and it's not, but to a beginner DIY'er, it was involved enough.

Second, I converted my wife's R-12 system to R-134. That was so easy I couldn't believe it. Took me all of about 20 minutes total to complete and the air is blowing out nice and cold, whereas before, it was just blowing out hot.

What's cool about all of this is I got to break in some brand new tools. My 151 piece mechanics tool set from Craftsman and my new 2 1/2 ton floor jack also a Craftsman.

Plus, getting your hands greasy from doing manual work, I felt like I was on cloud nine! I don't use those gloves however...Just wouldn't be as fun.

Anyway, just thought I would share. Let the flaming begin!

We are proud of you and here to help. Tools are omni-important and sounds like you are off to a good start, with your tools and wife. Good for you, and it does feel good to make our wives and other wife, "Miss Lexus" happy and we all keep that to ourselves don't we?. But the girl owners know that we also support them too, They just don't tell their husbands. :ph34r:

We are proud of you and here to help. Tools are omni-important and sounds like you are off to a good start, with your tools and wife. Good for you, and it does feel good to make our wives and other wife, "Miss Lexus" happy and we all keep that to ourselves don't we?. But the girl owners know that we also support them too, They just don't tell their husbands.  :ph34r:

Yeah, no kidding! Basically I felt like Peter Givens from Office SPace at the end of the movie when he says "*BLEEP*ing A!"

Basically I felt like Peter Givens from Office SPace at the end of the movie when he says "*BLEEP*ing A!"

Hahha, I love that movie :lol: !

You're right, it does feel really good doing stuff yourself. I'm glad you've started. Not only are you saving money, there's the satisfaction factor as well.

I've said that phrase a couple times myself with this car, but not in a good way....well....NOT YET. It will be my b*&tch soon though. If it breaks the bank on tools....it will be mine! :cheers: