Hey Guys Gotta Question.

Dust

Hello,

I would like to say Hi to everyone here. I am new to the forums and I just bought a Lexus LS 400 1990-1994 series In great condition. I am enjoying the ride, it doesn't get any better then this. :)

v8 250 hp

I have a question however, the book manual for the car did not come with it, or it was lost so I filled up a full tank last week and I would like to know how long can the car last until the tank has like 10 more miles to get to the gas station. If anyone know can someone please tell me the limit in miles indicating when I should start filling it up. I understand when its on E you have to fill it up :lol: but How many more miles until your tank is completely empty. The reason why I am asking is because I live in NY gas is very expensive here and I also travel a lot.

Thanks guys.

When my fuel light comes on and I refill ASAP I put in around 19 gallons I believe. That means that you have over 3 gallons remaining in the tank before it's completely dry. Keep in mind that you should refill when you get to 1/4 tank, just to keep the fuel pump in good order.

So, I'd say after the light goes on you can go at least 40 miles before it's totally dry....depends on many things though.

"The reason why I am asking is because I live in NY gas is very expensive here"

What does the cost of gas have to do with the tank capacity? Either you put five bucks worth of gas in it every day or forty bucks worth of gas in every eight days ... it's the same difference.

I know it's painful to pay for a $40 fillup, but at least when you do that you don't have to worry about it again for a while.

"The reason why I am asking is because I live in NY gas is very expensive here"

What does the cost of gas have to do with the tank capacity? Either you put five bucks worth of gas in it every day or forty bucks worth of gas in every eight days ... it's the same difference.

I know it's painful to pay for a $40 fillup, but at least when you do that you don't have to worry about it again for a while.

you should always try fill up the gas b4 1/4 or maybe 1/2, this is good in case of emergency, you dont want run out of gas in an emergency, plus i think when you have the tank 1/2 full it goes down faster, this depends on how you drive.

you should always try fill up the gas b4 1/4 or maybe 1/2, this is good in case of emergency, you dont want run out of gas in an emergency, plus i think when you have the tank 1/2 full it goes down faster, this depends on how you drive.

The gauge does seem to move faster once it gets to 1/2 tank. Seems to take forever to go from full to 1/2 tank, but after that it goes quickly. Probably an issue with the sending unit - i've never measured a fill-up when the tank is half full to see if it truly takes 10 gallons.

You can go way below E (at least in mine). I found out after my son borrowed the car one night (teenagers!).

I get 20MPG around town and 25MPG on the interstate.

Thanks a lot for the pointers everyone. Looks like the best thing to do is fill up for 40$, to always feel comfortable and not worry about gas every day.

:cheers:

Well, it's sort of a game, isn't it? If you put off buying gas for a day the price may drop $0.25 or more (in my area anyway). When the price drops, the gamble is whether to wait or jump on it and fill up...then watch the price drop another $.15 the next day. Can you afford to wait? Will it go up? Or, down?

Then, the question is when had you better fill the tank, or at least get some more gas in it while waiting for the "coup at the pump!" :whistles:

I found Mobile High Test for $2.04 a month ago at one station when everything else was around it was $2.40. :pirate:

(Might have been a dyslexic error at the pumphouse but it went through!) You feel great getting a small victory like that, but then you're sorry you were only half-empty. (Or, is that half-full?)