Protective Shield For Hood

budf

I just put a deposit on a new RX330 today and the salesperson mentioned a dealer add-on of a peel-able protective shield that is added to the hood to protect against rocks, debris, bugs, etc. Anyone have experience with this? Recommended? Any successful negotiations getting the price down?

Thanks in advance!

The product commonly used is called Scotchcal, a clear urethane sheet developed by 3M.

The product works well for preventing minor paint chips and eases the removal of bugs and road tar. It does not yellow over a period of time.

I purchased a RX330 6 weeks ago. This was our third Lexus from this dealership/salesperson.

Traded in a 2001 RX300 w/24k on it. Dealer gave us 70% of our original purchase price, plus

a $600.00 discount on the RX330. Delivery was same day, no waiting.

great trade in % and price. My local dealer has impressed the heck out of me as well. I bought a used 99 and they took nearly $6k (25k down to 21k) off very easily. Not like I was going to pay 25, but I felt like 21 for a certified with 40k on it was a good deal.