While Searching For A New Gx Background Pic...

i was lookin up new GX photos to use as my background picture in my stuff, using Yahoo search, and i ran into this!

Salvage GX

so that's how much those salvage repair guys buy these salvages cars. i know a guy in town that buys salvage cars, from the insurance and they sell them for half the price. :geek:

The interior pic on that site showing how the air bags deployed, and the fact that there seems to be no damage to the windshield or dashboard, at least indicates that the occupants were not seriously hurt. That's a good sign.

It's a shame that an almost new GX got creamed like that though.

i was lookin up new GX photos to use as my background picture in my stuff, using Yahoo search, and i ran into this!

Salvage GX

so that's how much those salvage repair guys buy these salvages cars. i know a guy in town that buys salvage cars, from the insurance and they sell them for half the price.:geek:

That is why there are laws in California that require "salvage" and "lemon law return" to be clearly marked on the title at time of sale. And it turns out most insurance companies won't insure cars with these conditions. From what I understand, not all states have rules to protect the unknowing public. Good luck to them, wherever they are... :ph34r:

actually looking at that picture again, looks "farily" in good shape to be easily re-sold as salvage, half-price cars. I've always though of buying "salvage" titles cars (cars that are either damaged, or just stolen w/o damage) but have always considered the warranty issue. poor guy, i know a guy in town who bought a salvage GX from this friend i know, man imagine what problems he's gotta be running into right now w/o warranties! :wacko:

It looks pretty good to be a salvage.

It is also an easy fix as i dont; notice any buckles but i can't see the frame .

I think you should bare in mind ... this is a SALVAGE. Which means the insurance company thought it would cost more than the $40K it was worth to fix. I don't think insurance companies are willing to scrap something that cost THEM so much to compensate for. :blink: