Potential 04 Rx330 Purchase

Cakes

My Wife and I have researched and driven many mid sized SUV's and have decided on a RX330. This board was a big help with finally deciding on an RX330.

Thank you very much.

At a local non Lexus dealership we have found a nice 330 that almost fits our exact match

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?...leadExists=true

The price compared to other similar RX330's in the Northern Virginia area is almost to good to be true. We test drove it yesterday and it seems to be in great shape. The salesperson will provide a Carfax for the vehicle and claims the guy traded it in on a Honda S2000. I have actually worked them down to 32K even. They claimed the current price was almost rock bottom, and was listed that way purposely on the internet. Inside the glove box was the original sticker of $41,600 something. It looks like a base model AWD with the leather package that gives it HID's, dual heated seats, telescoping wheel, 2 power save buttons, wood grain, etc.. the only other options are 18" rims and the tow package. What do you think it went for new? It is still what we consider fully loaded and we are very interested.

I have done an Edmunds TMV as well as looked at many other similarly equipped vehicles and it looks like great deal. Her first choice is actually light blue and this one is graphite(grey) which she likes also.

What do you think of the price, and what should I do to negotiate my best deal?

I have never seen a Carfax, what should I be looking for and what steps should I take to further verify this vehicle? IE: should I have it looked at by my mechanic, do I have 3 days after the sale?

Most importantly if we wait do you think over the next couple of months we could get an equally good deal on her color of choice?

When I purchased mine (2004 RX330) back in October of 2003, I bargined the MSRP to 39k. However, after taxes, I ended up paying about 43K. From the information that you have posted, the RX330 that you're interested in, must have came in the Premium Plus package. Although it looks like a lot of stuff, it's basically like a base RX330 in my opinion.

In regards to Carfax, it is good if the owner went to a lexus dealership to do all the routine maintenance. In that way, you would have a record of that from carfax and any lexus dealership. However, if they went to their local mechanic, it will not show. Just make sure that they have proof or receipts of all work that has been done on the vehicle in regards to routine maintenance.

For price, if you can knock the price lower, it's lesser that you'll have to chug out. My RX currently has about 25k miles on it. I would probably sell mine around that price if I had to sell it. But again, you're looking for a great price, not a good one.

Overall, the car IS a great one.

I love my 04 rx330. I bought it april of 04 for $42,500 w/o taxes. I have no idea what it's worth today though. It has everything, top of the line rx330. It's dark blue on ivory (the color i wanted) which i had to wait a week for them to get one that color.

You can't go wrong with the rx330. I love it a ton. mine has 35,988 miles on it, and NOT ONE thing has broken on it AT ALL!! I am very pleased with it, and hope to have it years to come.

good luck. oh, and if the car wasn't in any accidents, if you test drove it (which you already did) and it works fine, it's fine. They're not trying to scam you; a lexus is an excellent car. just make sure you give it a REALLY good test drive. Floor it and be agressive with it during your test drive. That will give you a good feeling of how it reacts in situations. Just do what you can ;)

I am selling my 2004 Rx 330 if your interested. It is Black w/ grey leather interior. It has the Navigation and Sport pkg. w/ adjustable suspension. It has just over 28k miles. IT has been dealer serviced. I just replaced brakes and tires will be replaced next week. I am in the auto business and kept this was my personal car. It had a sticker price of $46,090. I am selling for $34,990. I can arrange dealer financing if needed. This is a non smoker, accident free car, ding free with only a small scratch in bumper that will detail out.

I am selling my 2004 Rx 330 if your interested. It is Black w/ grey leather interior. It has the Navigation and Sport pkg. w/ adjustable suspension. It has just over 28k miles. IT has been dealer serviced. I just replaced brakes and tires will be replaced next week. I am in the auto business and kept this was my personal car. It had a sticker price of $46,090. I am selling for $34,990. I can arrange dealer financing if needed. This is a non smoker, accident free car, ding free with only a small scratch in bumper that will detail out.

Wow. It is too late. I made the purchase. I would have bought yours.