Rx300 Awd 30mpg...in The Mountians!

Check out this link for an AWD RX300 for sale on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=4546695391

The used car guy says he observed 30mpg. Plesase send him/her a "Question" saying otherwise, I have tried, he/she says otherwise. I just find it annoying that someone is trying to sell a RX and saying it gets 30mpg. The following is from email between the seller and me. I am the one asking the "Question"

You asked:

"I am Not asking a question...30mpg in the mountians? I own a rx300 and I can't get more than 21mpg on a hwy...and that is on flat land going 5 over the speed limit. The dealer sticker in my glove box even says 19city, 22hwy."

Ebay sellers response.

"I feel the government estimates tend to be conservative. I drive alot of different cars and can consistently beat most MPG estimates. Ability to improve gas mileage is dependent on the individual's driving habits which can vary from driver to driver. The gauge was monitored while driving to Colorado Springs, and thats what was observed."

Check out this link for an AWD RX300 for sale on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=4546695391

The used car guy says he observed 30mpg.  Plesase send him/her a "Question" saying otherwise, I have tried, he/she says otherwise.  I just find it annoying that someone is trying to sell a RX and saying it gets 30mpg.  The following is from email between the seller and me.  I am the one asking the "Question" 

You asked:

"I am Not asking a question...30mpg in the mountians? I own a rx300 and I can't get more than 21mpg on a hwy...and that is on flat land going 5 over the speed limit. The dealer sticker in my glove box even says 19city, 22hwy."

Ebay sellers response.

"I feel the government estimates tend to be conservative. I drive alot of different cars and can consistently beat most MPG estimates. Ability to improve gas mileage is dependent on the individual's driving habits which can vary from driver to driver. The gauge was monitored while driving to Colorado Springs, and thats what was observed."

The ebay description didn't mentioned whether the mpg reading was for instaneous mpg or average mpg, both of which are available for display on the console. It is not at all surprising for the instantaneous mpg reading to get to 30 mpg, especially in an around hills (set and observe your own inst. mpg sometimes). So based on the original ebay ad I wouldn't hang the guy for omitting to mention that it was instantaneous mpg he was reporting vs ave mpg.

I am not trying to "hang" the guy...I just thought you guys would find it amusing, also, I have never seen AVG MPG hit 30 (i guess if you drive up a mountain and coast down the otherside), and I also see my "instantaneous" or currnet mpg hit 100 somtimes. I have "set" and observed mine and it sucks, thats why it was annoying to see someone "observing" 30mpg. This is just why people are and should be nervous about used car salesmen.

I have "set" and observed mine and it sucks, thats why it was annoying to see someone "observing" 30mpg.  This is just why people are and should be nervous about used car salesmen.

I agree with ya. We just bought ours and the sales guy said it would get 25 mpg no problem. With the intown driving we do with it I am lucky to get better than 17 mpg. Just kind of disappointing. Small engine and a small car adn still crappy. I really kick myself in the !Removed! for not getting a diesel Excursion, fuel milage would have been about the same and I would be able to drag 3 - RX300s behind it :censored: