Check Engine Light

Geno

I have been batling this one for months I own a 99 RX 300 and have been searching and trying to cut the check engine light out. The code is P0441 and I have done the following:

1. Replaced the Gasket for the Gas Cap

2. Had installed a new Vacuum Switch Valve

3. Had all vacuum hoses re-seated

4. Checked around the Air Filter for loose hoses (did purchase and install an aftermarket Air Filter) would this cause check engine light to come on.

5. I have tried to get some local mechanics to check the charcoal cannister but none seem to know much about it.

Each time I drive it I pull the 13A EFI fuse and the Check Engine Light will go out for around 80 - 100 miles and it is back on. I do not want to go to the Lexus Dealer and get hit between the eyes when it seems there is nothing much wrong with my rx.

What do I need to do next? My vehicle runs fine and nothing seems to be wrong with it other than that damn light. I have contemplated doing a smoke test to see if there is pinhole leak somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Geno, check this link. It is for a tester for the evap system. The tester is pretty expensive $600, but the link goes through all the steps of testing all the componets and may give you some more info on things you can look at.

http://www.troublecodes.net/articles/waeko...P_Test_Kit.html

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

THE PROBLEM IS IN THE CHARCOAL CANISTER AND THE VSV FOR THE EVAP (VACUME SWITCHING VALVE) WHEN THE CHARCOAL CANISTER FALLS APRT INSIDE IT SENDS TRASH TO THE VSV AND RUINS IT AS WELL. REPLACE THOSE AND CLEAR THE CODES AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE BUT NO PROMISES