503hp/427torque Turbocharged

GT-S

have anyone read the recent super street magazine one that have an article of a black IS300 SRT turbocharged with 503hp/427torque? anyway, does anyone know what stage that is? i want the stage that he has. i only want to have at least/most 500hp, not too much nor too less. i dont want 1000hp like the stage 4. if i were to get stage 3, they said that it'll give me around 425-450hp. is that like w/o other mods that you can also put in to raise it up even more? like around 503hp+-? like exhaust, oil cooler, pulleys, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's my boy's car... Big Chuck....

He has a Stage 4 with alot of internal work done to boost it that high...

Those numbers you just said are off, and the price for the stage 4 is around 15 grand also..

The stage 3 will only give you around 350 rwhp and that's if you'll even put that stage together for you, because they supposedly did away with it.. The numbers between the stage 2 and the stage 3 were too close together and the 2 grand difference wasn't worth the 30 or so rwhp difference...

Also to raise HP you'll need the widen all pipes to 3", cat-back exhaust with 3" piping, cam gears, pulleys might help but will most likely make your car run at a low idle.. Torque convertor, and other stuff but I need to get to sleep.. I'll talk about it more tomorrow..

To generate 500 hp on an IS300... here is what I would do.

Locate a turbo manifold with a T4 flange. You can find them used or new. Sound Performance, Toyomoto, Performance Factory, maybe SRT (don't know if they sell just parts) etc. - new or used. 1,000 to 2,000$

External wastegate - HKS or Tial 50 to 60mm 400$ - 800$

SP63 turbo .8 or so exhaust a/r .7 or so compressor a/r new maximum 2000$

Custom piping - with 2 auxillary injector bungs (optional) - 500$ or so

Custom 3" exhaust - 300$

Oil and tranny cooler - 300$

TT or walbro 255l high pressure fuel pump - 100 to 200$

If auxillary injectors are not used then 6 upgraded injectors - 440 to 720 depending - 300$

May need to modify fuel rail - 100$

Injector controller or fuel management 500 - 1500$

It can be done without lowering compression, but most people do with a lower compression gasket. up to 500$ plus install$

Budget another 2000$ for miscellaneous odds and ends like earl's fittings, bungs, brakets, clips, clamps, retainers, spark plugs, gaskets, and whatever else.

Then you have to pay someone to install it or hope you know what you are doing. Plan on at least 70$ and hour depending on location.

Easily 10G's but money can be saved if parts are sourced wisely.