Shocks & Springs L-sportline

llexus05

I'm thinking about putting the L-Sportline springs and shocks on my 2000 LS400 that has 104k miles and original shocks.

I already put 17" wheels on it and to be honest it did reduce the ride quality a little. I'd like to lower it a little, plus reduce some of that space between the tire and fender but at the expense of ride quality, I just don't know if I dare do it.

Any thoughts? How much reduction in ride quality are we talking about here? 50% or 10%? I can live with 10%. A guy (or gal for that matter) buys an LS for ride quality. Ruining that really wouldn't be worth it.

Our 2000 Platinum LS400 rides great with its standard suspension and 16" wheels. And the handling is quite good for a large sedan although not quite as nimble as the 90 LS we had for many years. It ain't no BMW 5-series but then I couldn't make our 90 LS handle like a BMW 5-series either - I tried. But then the an LS doesn't break like a BMW either.

Almost everyone who rides in our 00 LS expresses amazement at how it rides and handles the rough roads here in the central U.S. Would I give this up to eliminate "space between the tire and fender"? Why is this "space" a problem?

Just for fun, we rented a Nissan Altima with sports suspension and 17" wheels in Arizona a few weeks ago. Drove all over the place - Phoenix, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon. Wonderful car -- painful ride even with tire pressure at the minimum -- won't do that again. Sure was nice getting back into the LS!

I'm thinking about putting the L-Sportline springs and shocks on my 2000 LS400 that has 104k miles and original shocks.

I already put 17" wheels on it and to be honest it did reduce the ride quality a little. I'd like to lower it a little, plus reduce some of that space between the tire and fender but at the expense of ride quality, I just don't know if I dare do it.

Any thoughts? How much reduction in ride quality are we talking about here? 50% or 10%? I can live with 10%. A guy (or gal for that matter) buys an LS for ride quality. Ruining that really wouldn't be worth it.

Yes, it will reduce ride quality, I cannot put a percentage on it, because you may see it differently. I honostly lost the Lexus ride, for what? I dont know other then looks, because it looks hot right now. But I cannot really judge until I get an alignment (I just did the swap) to comment on handling just yet, but it seems promising.