Replacing Pcv Valvle..

ED.

I've never replaced one on the LS, but the PCV should fit inside a rubber gasket/grommet that seals the hole in the valve cover. You should just be able to pull out the old PCV and insert the new one w/ no problems. You may need to turn the old valve back and forth to coax it out. I would also recommend checking the grommet. If it's split or dry rotted then you'll want to replace that too.

we ordered a pcv for the ls and i have a q on installing it.  does it just pull straight out? do i have to screw it out?

thanks

ed

96 ls

It comes straight out...takes about a minute to do the entire job! ;)

ED.,

Where did you order your PCV valve from?

I need to do the same for my LS 96.

Many thanks,

Ross

we ordered a pcv for the ls and i have a q on installing it.  does it just pull straight out? do i have to screw it out?

thanks

ed

96 ls

I just changed my pcv value and its simple as pie. U just pull it out but be careful not to break the gromment cuz it fall into the engine. Unfortunately my pcv value had never been changed so when i changed it the gromment fell apart from being so old. I had to pull it out the engine with some needle nose plyers. I purchased both the pcv value and gromment at advance auto parts formally trak auto. Its was cheap too. good luck.

ED.,

Many thanks,

Ross

I think you can get them from any parts store; I bought mine from the Lexus dealer though. Here's the Lexus part number for the PCV: 12204-50011. It should be less than $8. ;)

ED.,

Many thanks,

Ross

thanks

ed

96 ls

Got mine at O'Reilly. 3 bucks...works fine...