Vibration While Braking At Medium To High Speeds

I have a 2003ES. I have noticed that car vibrates pretty bad when I brake at speeds 45-70MPH. Have other users seen something similar to this? Anything wrong with the brakes? I am not sure if I have always had this. But lately it seems to be more.

Thanks

Ray

I have a 2003ES. I have noticed that car vibrates pretty bad when I brake at speeds 45-70MPH. Have other users seen something similar to this? Anything wrong with the brakes? I am not sure if I have always had this. But lately it seems to be more.

Thanks

Ray

How many miles on this set of brakes?

The last time you had your brakes done did you just change the pads or pads and rotors?

If it was just pads then did they cut the rotors? If not then thre is uneven wear between the pads and rotors which is causing the vibrating you are getting.

I would probably get the brakes checked out.

The car is less than 2 years old and less than 30K miles on it. I have not even taken it for a brake inspection. Should I?

Thanks

Ray

How many miles on this set of brakes?

The last time you had your brakes done did you just change the pads or pads and rotors?

If it was just pads then did they cut the rotors? If not then thre is uneven wear between the pads and rotors which is causing the vibrating you are getting.

I would probably get the brakes checked out.

Thanks

Ray

This is caused by warped rotors. Either have the rotors cut, or have them replaced. At 30K miles the pads should be replaced also. In other words, a brake job.

I think that there was a TSB for this problem in the '03 ES, so maybe you can convince your Lexus dealer to do this under warranty. ;)

any idea where I can find the TSB so I can have a printed copy when I take the car to the dealer?

Thanks

Ravi

This is caused by warped rotors. Either have the rotors cut, or have them replaced. At 30K miles the pads should be replaced also. In other words, a brake job.

I think that there was a TSB for this problem in the '03 ES, so maybe you can convince your Lexus dealer to do this under warranty.  ;)

they are well aware of the TSB (BR002-02). It requires replacement of the front pads and rotors. If your car is still under warranty, it is totally covered and they won't give you a hassle.

I had to have mine done when I hit 24k miles. Same exact symptoms.

steviej

they are well aware of the TSB (BR002-02). It requires replacement of the front pads and rotors. If your car is still under warranty, it is totally covered and they won't give you a hassle.

How many years or mileage is the warranty good for? :rolleyes:

Hello,

I have the same problem, with my 2002, with 15k. I talke dto dealer, He told me to bring it in at about 18 to 20 k miles and they will replace rotors and brakes. You should not have any problems getting is fixed from dealer. Thanks to stevej

SL

Hello,

I have the same problem, with my 2002, with 15k. I talke dto dealer, He told me to bring it in at about 18 to 20 k miles and they will replace rotors and brakes. You should not have any problems getting is fixed from dealer. Thanks to stevej

SL

marathiboy, if the brake pulsation is annoying you or you feel it takes away from your ride or compromises your ability to brake properly, do not wait until 18k-20k!

Ask the dealership to perform the TSB work ASAP. If they won't, then ask them who the next closest dealership is. I am sure they will fit you in.

steviej