Hid

Does any one else have a static/electirc sound when they turn on there HID's ?

I do ... im trying to find out why

Yup, a very low frequency hum sound. You hear it when you turn the HID lights on without starting the car right? It's normal. B) ;)

:cheers:

yup, i get that. But as well... when i first turn it on, it makes a sharp electical shock sound. Just a sharp tak you hear all inside the car, wheather on or off. Would it be because i have it grounded to the metal on my car ?

Their should be the inital turn on shipe noise from the voltage topping 25000 volts before leveling at 12000.That is the reason fro the change in colour at turn on.

If you still hear something after you have a problem. It might be with the bulbs.

It also is dependent on what type and make of bulbs and ballasts as none of them are created equally

that is what im getting. There are no hter disturbances on noices. So i guess im good.

When your driving at night, do you feel that the bulbs sometimes shake themselves? They are fit in there tight, but for some reason, bumps and rough terrian at night give me the illusion that the bulbs them selves might be shaking a bit.

that is what im getting.  There are no hter disturbances on noices.  So i guess im good.

When your driving at night, do you feel that the bulbs sometimes shake themselves?   They are fit in there tight, but for some reason, bumps and rough terrian at night give me the illusion that the bulbs them selves might be shaking a bit.

That is weird. My Phillips 6K makes a small click at startup and the bulbs are always tight in my 1998.