Throttle Body / Intake Cleaned

sunman

I took the air intake boot off, sprayed the inside of the throttle body with carb cleaner. So much gunk came out. Caught everything with a towel. Then started the car, slipped the red spray extension into the air intake boot with boot on. On high idle, gave some bursts of spray into the intake. Drove it around and there is a noticible difference in acceleration and response. I will check mileage this week. I used berryman b12 cleaner. Read directions as per can. You can use BG products air intake cleaner also.

I took the air intake boot off, sprayed the inside of the throttle body with carb cleaner.  So much gunk came out.  Caught everything with a towel.  Then started the car, slipped the red spray extension into the air intake boot with boot on.  On high idle, gave some bursts of spray into the intake.  Drove it around and there is a noticible difference in acceleration and response.  I will check mileage this week.  I used berryman b12 cleaner.  Read directions as per can.  You can use BG products air intake cleaner also.

Good stuff sunman. If you get the chance you could also take off the intake manifold and clean it as well ensuring that you clean the ACIS (Acoustic Control Intake System). That should really get you going