Sc400 Keyless Entry

Labtec

Hey,

I have a 1992 SC400 and I was wondering if I can do anything to make the lights flash when I unlock/lock the car. It’s very annoying to try to guess if the car is locked or unlocked.

Thanks in advanced

Hey

I have the same car year and everything. If you read the book youll notice that once you switch off your car and close the door,(whether you locked the car manually or its left unlocked) it will take 30 seconds and the doors will lock itself automatically. Normally i dont lock my doors and when i come back its locked because of the automated feature. To get the lights to flash or honk noise you will have to have some new system installed I was told by a lexus dealer. But im sure there is a way to connect the wires for the unlock/lock through the light wires.

If you ever find out please let me know.

Mr.SC

Hey

I have the same car year and everything. If you read the book youll notice that once you switch off your car and close the door,(whether you locked the car manually or its left unlocked) it will take 30 seconds and the doors will lock itself automatically. Normally i dont lock my doors and when i come back its locked because of the automated feature. To get the lights to flash or honk noise you will have to have some new system installed I was told by a lexus dealer. But im sure there is a way to connect the wires for the unlock/lock through the light wires.

Mr.SC

I park in my garage every night and in the morning mine is never locked. Does the beep thing, and will RE-lock if I hit the unlock button and don't open the door for 30 seconds or so, but it has never locked by itself.

Hey,

I have a 1992 SC400 and I was wondering if I can do anything to make the lights flash when I unlock/lock the car. It’s very annoying to try to guess if the car is locked or unlocked.

Thanks in advanced

It's a simple circuit - I think a little beep on the horn might be best, as flashing the lights might be hard to spot in the daytime. I'll take a look at fabricating something.

sluggo

Hey

Mr.SC

I park in my garage every night and in the morning mine is never locked. Does the beep thing, and will RE-lock if I hit the unlock button and don't open the door for 30 seconds or so, but it has never locked by itself.

I have to agree with Mr. SC's statement I have a 93' SC400, and after 30 seconds it does lock itself.