Tranny Flush Done

sunman

So far, I can't find any complaints from actual people who have used it either on this site of CL.   B)   :whistles:

:cheers:

You are not going to find any since the fluid works!

My thoughts exactly mburn. ;)

In response to 1995 es300's question, i had mind done at the lexus dealer for $165. Toyota dealer quoted me $150, but I figured have a loaner car, let alone a NEW lexus, was worth the $15 bucks. That was about 10k miles ago, car still shifts like it was new ('98 ES w/118k).

In response to 1995 es300's question, i had mind done at the lexus dealer for $165. Toyota dealer quoted me $150, but I figured have a loaner car, let alone a NEW lexus, was worth the $15 bucks. That was about 10k miles ago, car still shifts like it was new ('98 ES w/118k).

The 98 calls for Dexron III fluid right? ;)

The 98 calls for Dexron III fluid right? ;)

Yes sir.

yes there is a filter in the pan.  I did not use any special tools.  Just funnel. 12 quarts of synthetic oil, drain pan, and some help.  Disconnected one cooler line and drained it into the pan.  Ran the car.  Someone kept pouring through the dipstick hole.  stopped the car when the pan got full.  Make sure you start with one extra quart in the tranny first before starting the car.  DO this at your own risk.  I take no responsibility if someone's tranny fails.  I did this on a 95 and 97 ES300.

Hey sunman, could you email me at nathan.shih@gmail.com? I too would like to do this job but have some questions. Thanks!

-Nathan

yes there is a filter in the pan.  I did not use any special tools.  Just funnel. 12 quarts of synthetic oil, drain pan, and some help.  Disconnected one cooler line and drained it into the pan.  Ran the car.  Someone kept pouring through the dipstick hole.  stopped the car when the pan got full.  Make sure you start with one extra quart in the tranny first before starting the car.  DO this at your own risk.  I take no responsibility if someone's tranny fails.  I did this on a 95 and 97 ES300.

Hey sunman, could you email me at nathan.shih@gmail.com? I too would like to do this job but have some questions. Thanks!

-Nathan

I wouldn't suggest doing it like this......take it to a proper shop that has the flushing machine with a skilled tech to do this work for you. The tranny is at least a couple thousand bucks to repair should any damage occur. :rolleyes: ;)