Lexus Splash Guards For Ls ?

Jeff

Hi all, I'm getting the bottom of my LS repainted and wondered if Lexus makes splash guards or mud flaps that are custom fit and designed for the ls400. The only damage on my whole car is from the tires kicking up stones and chipping the paint. Does anyone know where I can buy this item or if somebody makes them aftermarket ?? I figure if an Accord or Camry has them, why not an LS. Thanks in advance.

96 model......my 5th LS and 7th Lexus. These are the best used cars you can buy. Every one of the LS's have needed the bottom and or bumpers repainted. I've got the paint but would like to protect it after painting.

96 model......my 5th LS and 7th Lexus. These are the best used cars you can buy. Every one of the LS's have needed the bottom and or bumpers repainted. I've got the paint but would like to protect it after painting.

Hi Jeff,

The splash guards that you can get from Lexus are a stiff kind. If you drive in deep snow they may not work as well. I would recommend Tingley's(hope the spelling is correct) splash guards, as they are a long lasting flexable splash guard. I mounted mine with those push on plastic plugs right into the fender wells. That was 7 years ago and have no problems with them. In winter I use studded winter tires, as I am out in the country.

Just curious, how come so many cars in such a short time? I thought these cars are long lasting as well? ;)

Daffy

I wouldn't use the soft ones personally, the hard plastic kind that are painted to match the bumper look great, unless snow is a concern like you said.

I know just what you mean about the rocks kicking up, the leading edges of mine are all chipped up and it only has 43k miles. They dont make mud guards for the new ES though.

Sure Steve. I'll post pics when I return home from Phoenix on 4/12. The LS mudflaps are the same for 95-00. Don't know about the ES. I'll post the Victoria dealer web URL and phone # too. Nice people. Not too easy typing this on my WiFi PDA in the hotel bar. My wife is with me so I'm not being too delinquent. :)

Thanks for the reply Daffy and all others, I would prefer the hard contoured guards as snow would not be an issue in South Carolina. The reason I've had so many LS400's, is because I'm very picky and selective when I buy and somebody always comes along and makes me a good offer. Most the people at work pick out there next used car as soon as I drive into the parking lot with my newest ride. 9 times out of 10, a person will say " let me know when your ready to sell this car" within a week of getting it. I've had very good luck finding very nice LS's and also very good luck driving them for a few months and making a few extra dollar as well. I've also had an SC400 for fun and an RX300 for the wife. When I get the bottom painted, the current LS will be among the best I've owned even though it has 133K miles. It's darn near perfect. Thanks to all at this great site

post-2157-1113345412_thumb.jpgpost-2157-1113345455_thumb.jpgIn 2003 I purchased mudflaps for our 00 LS400 from Metro Lexus Toyota in Victoria BC: http://www.discountlexusparts.com/

Here are the part numbers from the invoice:

76621-59035

76622-59035

76625-59035

76626-59035

At that time each mudfap cost $88 U.S. - quite expensive for what I got - but they probably prevent at least some body damage from debris - rocks and spilled liquids such as the adhesive used for stripes at intersections. Paul at Metro was very helpful and he shipped my order quickly. As of last December someone on another forum found that the price at Metro had risen to US $100 due to the decline of the US dollar but he was able to order them through a friend at Toyota at $78 each.

The 95-00 LS mudflaps are smaller and probably less effective that the larger mudflaps for the 90-94 LS. The 95-00 mudflaps, however, do not seem to increase the noise level like the ones on my 90 LS.

For the ES, is there any chance that ones for the Carmy or Solara would fit? Here is a link to the Camry accessories page which includes a photo: http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/2005/camry/accessories.html