Lowing Springs Or Coil Overs?

lex-o-951

i want to lower my 01 is 300 but dont know whether to go wtih lowing springs or coil overs. I dont want to lose the nice ride as much as possible. Can anyone give me some names of some companys that make springs or coil overs? also does anyone know were i can go get the springs or coil overs installed for a decent price, i live in riverisde ca (951 area code) and am in orange county most of the week (714).

How much drop do you want, and why? Daily driver, auto-X, etc? Probably the closest thing to a stock ride with about a 1 inch drop would be the Eibach pro kit springs.

Carson Toyota has the closest thing to what used to be L-Tuned parts.

Carson Toyota, 1333 E. 223rd Avenue, Carson, CA 90745

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/index.php

Eibach

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/tests/e...prings_2001.jsp

tein coilovers

SS models

springs are a waste compared to a good coilover setup like the SS which drives like stock without the roll

SK, have you ridden in a car with the SS coilovers? I have not so I am curious. I know that springs do not tell the whole story but from just looking at the spring rate, they are stiff. This probably helps with the handling but I can't see how it can still have stock ride quality.

I have "heard" from others that they ride stiff just like I am "hearing" from you that they drive like stock. I am just trying to figure out what it all means. I also realize different people have different interpretations of ride quality. :)

I have driven with OEM on 16s, aftermarket shock/springs on 18s, Tein Flex on 18s, Tein CS on 18s, and Tein CS on 20s as well as ridden in cars with a few other combos. I would love to be able to recommend the SS to friends since they are less expensive than some of the other Tein coilovers. AND if they handle and ride better as well, that would be a bonus.

Thanks.

tein coilovers

SS models

springs are a waste compared to a good coilover setup like the SS which drives like stock without the roll

I would tend to disagree on this, since he's starting out with a IS, and not one of the Lexus' with the softer suspensions.

I have driven and installed a few tein sets of suspension.

One of the last was an acura 3.2tl.

The driver always drops by and tells me he can;t belive how low we got the car and it still drives so smooth.

SS kits are made for lightly agressive driving.Meaning highway on ramps and cruising. Their is luxury masters which are nice but way to soft for me.

Bart you tend to disagree with what ?????

Find a specific point i made and make a specific disagreement to what i said and why you disbeleive it.

The driver always drops by and tells me he can;t belive how low we got the car and it still drives so smooth.

SS kits are made for lightly agressive driving.Meaning highway on ramps and cruising. Their is luxury masters which are nice but way to soft for me.

Bart you tend to disagree with what ?????

Find a specific point i made and make a specific disagreement to what i said and why you disbeleive it.

I already quoted what I tend to disagree with, and why. I don't know how I could be more specific than that.

whoa ,you take things too personal.

I don't care to contiue explaining one and 2 word answers.

You said you tend to disagree .fine but with what

him getting coilovers.

coilovers on an IS

springs on an IS

SS suspension

tein suspension

what part, do you see where you made no exact specific answer.

whoa ,you take things too personal.

I don't care to contiue explaining one

and 2 word answers.

You said you tend to disagree .fine but with what

him getting coilovers.

coilovers on an IS

springs on an IS

SS suspension

tein suspension

what part, do you see where you made no exact specific answer.

Stop badgering me, sir.

never mind , cause i don't care bart

Thanks for the info.

Luxury Masters? Is that also Tein?

I guess it comes down to the starting point. I've never been in a TL but I used to have an Integra and the ride was sporty and on the stiffer side. My GS on 16s is butter in comparison. :) If the car was stiffer to begin with, then I suppose the SS would not deviate too far (if at all) from the stock ride. I have a feeling it you put SS on a GS, there will be compliments on how smooth the handling is especially in the situation you mentioned (highway ...) and because the stock GS suspension is pretty bad as far as sports sedans go. BUT I think there will also be complaints that it is not stock once you hit bumps and uneven pavement.

Maybe if the starting point is the IS, then the SS may not be so bad.

TEIN SS:

Body: JCE10

Type: SS

Spring Rate Front: 12/671 (kgf/mm, lbs/in)

Spring Rate Rear: 10/559 (kgf/mm, lbs/in)

Ride Height Front: -35.5(mm),-1.4(inch)

Ride Height Rear: -37.5(mm),-1.5(inch)

Adjust Range:

Ride Height Front: -6(mm),-0.2(inch) ~ -62(mm),-2.4(inch)

Ride Height Rear: -30(mm),-1.2(inch) ~ -64(mm),-2.5(inch)

TEIN Flex:

Body: JCE10

Type: FLEX

Spring Rate Front: 10/559 (kgf/mm, lbs/in)

Spring Rate Rear: 8/448 (kgf/mm, lbs/in)

Ride Height Front: -36(mm),-1.4(inch)

Ride Height Rear: -42(mm),-1.7(inch)

Adjust Range:

Ride Height Front: -1(mm),-0(inch) ~ -87(mm),-3.4(inch)

Ride Height Rear: -5(mm),-0.2(inch) ~ -94(mm),-3.7(inch)

http://www.is300.net/forums/showthread.php...=tein+coilovers

Post #8.

• 1 year later...