Pictures Of My Tint Job...

I never did get around to posting the pics of the tint job that I had done last year so here they are:

35% transmission all around with moderate reflectivity:

lex057.JPG

lex058.JPG

lex059.JPG

lex062.JPG

Shot from the interior:

lex030.JPG

I think it came out pretty good and I've been happy w/ the results. I did have to take it back a couple of times to have a few bubbles worked out around the defroster lines in the rear window, but they took care of me w/ no problems.

Heh Bran, Did they have to take off the old tint and reapply to get the air bubbles out ? I just had mine done and the back window at the top could have been done better. It is not real tight where the defroster/micro dots are and I would like it to be better. They were done about two weeks ago.

I like the clean tint job.  Not too dark and not too light, just around the medium, which is the way it should be ;) I also have 35% on all windows, and 20% on the rear.  It goes very nicely with my black '01 :D

lexusk8 - who tinted your windows?

Tint King (from Bridgeport CT, 203-384-2100). They did the whole job for $160, including lifetime warranty for whatever happens (i.e. peeling, cracking, bubbling).

I like the clean tint job.  Not too dark and not too light, just around the medium, which is the way it should be ;) I also have 35% on all windows, and 20% on the rear.  It goes very nicely with my black '01 :D

Tint King (from Bridgeport CT, 203-384-2100). They did the whole job for $160, including lifetime warranty for whatever happens (i.e. peeling, cracking, bubbling).

what brand is the tint?? I know that only Lumar and 3M tint films never bubble or fade ( what my tint guy said).

what brand is the tint?? I know that only Lumar and 3M tint films never bubble or fade ( what my tint guy said).

The person that did mine (a very good friend) has warranted mine against eerything, including vandalism...is that normal? or is that a special deal because he is a friend?

for instance if someone shatters my window to break into my car, if i get the glass replaced, he will re tint free of charge.

i have Llumar High Performance Metallic on mine.

Heh Bran, Did they have to take off the old tint and reapply to get the air bubbles out ? I just had mine done and the back window at the top could have been done better. It is not real tight where the defroster/micro dots are and I would like it to be better. They were done about two weeks ago.

No - they didn't re-do it. They can use a squeegie (spelling?) to push out the bubbles. The tech told me that the Lexus defroster lines are thicker than most cars and that they often have to touch it up several times before all of the bubbles are worked out.

If your tint was just done, wait for a nice hot day, keep all of your windows rolled up to trap in the heat, turn on the rear defroster and drive over to the tint shop and get them to do it while the film is still warm and pliable.

The person that did mine (a very good friend) has warranted mine against eerything, including vandalism...is that normal? or is that a special deal because he is a friend? 

for instance if someone shatters my window to break into my car, if i get the glass replaced, he will re tint free of charge.

hmmm, i didn't ask my guy about that. Vandalism, I presume, would be something that they are not responsible for and i highly doubt that my tint guy warrants my tint for that.

hmmm, i didn't ask about that. Vandalism, I presume, would be something that they are not responsible for and i highly doubt that my tint guy warrants my tint for that.

probably something special for me then since i have knwon the guy forever. (my dad knows him even longer LOL)