Cornering Surge On 2004 Ls430

Clyde

Has anyone heard about a software update to fix the cornering surge problem in a 2004 LS430??? I've had this problem since the car was purchased new... I've read several comments in another forum about this problem and that a software update is available to fix it--unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to which forum I was on at the time...I haven't checked with my dealer lately about this, I'm waiting to see what I can learn from this forum...

Has anyone heard about a software update to fix the cornering surge problem in a 2004 LS430??? I've had this problem since the car was purchased new... I've read several comments in another forum about this problem and that a software update is available to fix it--unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to which forum I was on at the time...I haven't checked with my dealer lately about this, I'm waiting to see what I can learn from this forum...

Definetly check with the dealer , This sounds like a warranty issue.

I have the same vehicle, and can confirm there is a software update the dealer applies which changes the logic in the transmission. There is a certain build date range to which this applies (mine didn't). I had them apply it anyway, and it fixed the issue (90%). I don't have the update number handy, but when I checked it out and gave it to my dealer, it was the only one available (about 3 months ago).