Cranks Too Long Before Starting

Kennyr

My 91 LS400 with 145k miles cranks too long before starting at times. It always starts. The plugs and wires etc. are all new. I've tried all grades of gas with no difference. Any ideas?

Worn starter, weak or dying battery, worn distributors & caps......it could be many things.  I wouldn't worry about it until it doesn't start ;)

Try turning the ignition on, but not starting the car. Count to 20 and then try starting the car. If it starts faster after doing this it is most likely a fuel pressure thing. When sitting the car looses fuel pressure in the line, and has to let the fuel pump rebuild it as it cranks. By just turning the ignition on, you are giving the fuel pump a chance to build pressure.

That's all if waiting the 20 count does anything....

Another question. If you start the car and have it running, then shut if off, but restart it immediately does it still take time to start????

Agree fuel pressure possible.  Could be cold start injector    :whistles:

Whens the last time you cleaned the injectors?  I started using seafoam which works well.

Maxed Out...

Never heard of SeaFoam. What is it were do you get...